Chapter 59

Lily

Steven was right, I do have a question for him...why? Why did Steven want to be with me when he obviously didn't love me? Why would he go to so much fucking trouble to keep me? I knew he was controlling and obsessive of me, but why? He had previous subs and girlfriends, that I knew he hadn't treated this way. He cheated with several women while we were together, and he never treated them, like he does me.

I push the question of 'why' aside and try to get Dawson's questions answered. Running in circles with Steven wasn't going to solve anything, it was only going to piss me off.

"Are you running from the cartel?" I ask Steven and he grins.

"That isn't what you want to ask but I'll play your game, Kitten. You and I are running from the cartel." Steven shrugs, dismissively. Dawson and I both go tense as he turns to face Steven.

"What do you mean?" I ask him scared of what he's about to say.

"You stole from them, too. My name isn't the only one on that account, Kitten." Steven says, grinning wickedly as if he's just dropped a bomb on me. Which, he has, not about the account but about the stealing.

"I didn't steal anything from the cartel." I shake my head at him.

"Yes, you did. You just didn't know it. You weren't the only thing we made money on that night in Venice, Kitten." So, he sold those men drugs too and did it with me there making me an accessory to the fact?

"You motherfucker." I say to him, my hands in fists to my sides again.

"You think being here you're not going to deal with the same shit? You can't tell me they don't deal in illegal shit, Kitten. Hell, they treat their women worse. I would never ask you to do my dirty work. Now come on, Kitten, ask me what's really on that beautiful mind of yours." He grins, trying to get another reaction out of me.

"What did you steal from the cartel?" I ask him, continuing with my questions for Dawson, ignoring his comments about Dawson and how he will treat me. I know very well how Dawson treats me.

"Drugs, Kitten." He responds shrugging his shoulders again, as if it was nothing.

"Is that where the two million came from?" I ask him, which should be my last question for Dawson.

"That's not the question either, Kitten." He rolls his eyes, "Some of it. Now come on ask me what you really want to know."

"Were you planning on selling your car?" I ask and Steven looks at me confused by my off the wall question. I feel Dawson's eyes on me as well as he also doesn't know where I'm going with this. I promise, I have a point.

"I would never sell my car, what kind of a question is that?" He shakes his head in confusion.

"You would keep a two-million-dollar car but only have five million to live on. That doesn't seem like enough for the lifestyle you love so much." He loved to live above his means. Extravagant house, cars and women. He was nothing but materialistic. There's no way in hell he could survive off five million dollars for long.

"Someone's been hanging around daddy too much. You know how much I hate that, Kitten." He eyes me sadistically at the fact, I've been thinking. He hates his women to think. Women are to be quiet, beautiful, and obedient. That's it. We are not to ask questions. I am surprised when he continues, answering my questions, "We were taking more product with us and there was another business opportunity."

"How was the product getting there?" I ask him, wondering what the fuck he was planning and just how I was going to be his accomplice.

"The jet, the way we always did it." he grins as if I should know this.