Chapter 36

Nitro

Lawman took the news as I expected him too. He left a large hole in Bruce's office wall that matched the one I left in Spike's office wall. Pops was also pissed but surprisingly managed to not punch any walls. The sad part about it, they don't know everything.

I have stayed true to my promise to Lily. As has Spike. We did not tell Lawman, Pops, or Bruce the details, even when they asked. At one point, Lawman insisted, and I thought he was going to hit me until Bruce intervened. I told them, that any further information about her and Steven's relationship wasn't important to the bottom line and would be kept confidential. The answer was finally accepted when they realized I wasn't fucking budging. There was no way, they were getting anything else out of me.

When church began thirty minutes ago, Lawman took the reins and asked the club for their help. Lily is his daughter. It is his right. I wanted to ask the club myself, but she isn't, officially, my old lady, yet. That's going to change, but right now isn't the time to bring it up.

Right now, is the time to talk strategy and the best course of action to handle Steven with the possibility of the cartel.

I can't tell them why I really want Steven here or the true reason the man needs to die. That he raped and beat Lily and made her have sex with other men against her will. And when that wasn't enough, he blackmailed her so she couldn't leave him. No one else can know that.

The men in this room need to believe that we need Steven here to get answers about the apartment, the cartel and Lily's connection with that. To know if she was, or is being, sold.

I'm leaning back in my chair, with one arm on the table and my eyes are ice cold. I can no longer take the back and forth of how we should deal with it and Bruce senses it. He speaks up and silences everyone.

"Nitro, come on let's have it" he says leaning back in his chair to look at me. No longer being able to sit from the anger pumping through my body, I rise and stand behind my chair gripping the back of it wishing it were Steven's neck.

"Steven has been identified as Mexican Cartel and the ringleader for the city. We do not know if Lily was supposed to be turned over to the cartel or if they even know about her. We need answers. So, we make him answer them. I call to bring him here and make him talk. Then, we go from there." I eye Lawman and he nods.

"I agree." Pops seconds my call.

"All in agreeance." Bruce asks the table and a round of ayes is heard from every man at the table.

"Nitro, get a team together and ride out in fifteen minutes. Church dismissed." Bruce says and smacks the gavel.

Just as he smacks the gavel, there's a knock at the door and Tank opens the door without waiting for a response. My heart drops knowing this isn't good. No one enters without waiting for permission unless it's important.

"Nitro, she's gone." Tank says stepping into the office. His face white with concern.

"What do you mean gone?" I shout, unable to hide the anger and fear pulsing through my body. I grip the back of the chair tighter.

"She said she had to go to the bathroom. We went to check on her a few minutes later and she wasn't there, and we can't find her anywhere." Tank says and I instantly go into action trying to find out where the fuck she has gone.

"Spike cameras, see if you can find her leaving." I turn to Spike who is still seated in the chair to my right.

"On it" he opens his laptop and starts pulling the bars cameras on the tv on the wall to my left behind Snake.