Chapter 33

Lily

We arrive at the clubhouse thirty minutes later to see the place is completely packed. Dawson pulls the bike through the gates, and I have to take a deep breath at the sea of bikes before me. We pass by a few members, that I don't recognize, near a couple of bikes to our left. They wave at Dawson, but he continues past them towards the front of the clubhouse and parks in a spot near the door.

I try to scan the lot to see if I can see Dad's bike yet, but I stop myself. It's too soon for him to be here which is great because I'm not ready to face him. Talking to him over the phone was one thing but to actually face him and see the disappointment in his eyes, is going to be torture.

He's also going to have something to say about me falling for Dawson, and I'm not ready for that either. Although, there isn't much he can say since he's the one that forced us together. He trusted Dawson to protect me and that's what he's doing. I can't help I fell for him in the process.

Dawson removes his helmet and I climb off the bike, removing mine as I face him.

"You, ok?" he asks sitting on the bike watching me as I undo my braid. I know he's concerned but I can't talk about it right now. I'm too pissed, scared, uncomfortable and ashamed to talk about it. Talking about it will only make me cry or scream and the last thing I want is for these bikers, that I don't know, to know every detail of my private life.

"Yeah, I'm good." I lie, knowing he see right through me. Fuck, I only want all of this to go away. Why does my life have to be so fucking complicated!

Dawson grabs my arm and pulls me to him, wrapping his arm around my waist. I place my arms on his shoulders as he looks deep into my eyes.

"I know you're not okay, Little One. We don't have to talk about it but know that I am right here with you, and you can trust me. Do you understand me?" his blue eyes stare intensely into mine.

"Yes, Dawson." I place my hand on his jaw and rub his beard with my fingers. Dawson is one of the only people I trust.

"I need you to know something, baby, and it's important you know now." I see the fear in his eyes, and it makes my stomach tie in knots. Everything I'm feeling, disappears. All I see is Dawson... afraid.

"What is it, Dawson?" My fingers stop teasing his beard as I search his eyes, scared of what he's about to tell me.

"The girl from my past that I told you about, she's here." My heart sinks to my stomach and I feel sick.

"I want you to know what happened between us. If something is said, I don't want you to be blindsided." He tells me and continues, "Her name is Tara. We went to high school together. She chased me for years and I always said no. We ended up hooking up when I was on leave from the Marines a few years back. After that, we would hook up whenever I was home. To me, we were not serious. She was simply a promised fuck. She never came to the cabin. She never rode on my bike. I didn't spend the night with her. None of that." He pauses to see how I'm doing so far, and I nod at him to continue.

"She didn't see it that way. When I came back for good, she tried to make herself more of a permanent fixture in my life. I broke things off and she couldn't handle it. She kept calling, texting, showing up here. A few months later when I continued to deny her, is when she decided to become a club whore. She thought I would give in and fuck her again or would get jealous when the other guys touched her. Who the fuck knows what she was thinking but it didn't work.

"She went around calling herself my old lady. She slept with some of the members but swore it was because I wasn't jealous and allowed her to do it. The night I told you about, happened here two years ago. I was drunk. I was tired of her bullshit and wanted her to know she wasn't mine. As I told you before, it didn't work." He tells me and rubs his thumbs gently across my cheeks.