Chapter 41

Nitro

I could have lost Lily tonight, and our child that she might be carrying. I don't know if she is pregnant but the idea that she might be, excites the hell out of me.

The first time I fucked her raw, I wished I could get her pregnant. I didn't think there was an actual possibility with her being on the pill and I sure as fuck didn't know stress could decrease the effects of even taking it. Could I actually be lucky enough to get what I want – Lily, and her pregnant with my child?

I can tell Lily's scared of everything she's going through. All this bullshit with Steven and the guilt of killing two men was a lot. Now, the possibility of a baby. On top of what fucking happened tonight.

"Are you mad?" she whispers, and I can hear the fear in her voice.

"Why would I be mad?" I pull back from her and look down into her eyes confused. I can see the fear in her eyes and I'm not sure why she's so scared.

"I didn't let you handle Steven, you rescuing me, the men you and the guys probably killed tonight, now the possibility of a baby. I didn't know the risks from stress. I'm so sorry, Dawson." The tears begin to fall from her eyes.

I wipe her tears and pull her to the bed, pulling her down onto my lap. I place my hand on her cheek and force her eyes to mine.

"Little One, I am not mad at you. I am pissed at Steven, not you. I will always rescue you, no matter how many men I have to kill and even when you don't listen to me." I grin at her wiping another tear from her cheek and continue, "As far as the baby, Little One. I wished for it the first time I claimed you."

"You did what?" She asks surprised as I wipe another tear from her cheek.

"The first time when I took you raw. When I came inside of you, Little One, I wished you weren't on the pill. So, it's you that should be mad at me for that one." I grin at her.

"Why would you do that?" she gently shakes her head not understanding.

"I want all of you and I want to give you all of me. I want my child growing inside of you, Little One. I meant what I said, I am yours and I want you to be mine, Lilian Marie Anderson. I fucking love you." I tell her unable to fight it any longer. For the first time in my life, I love a woman. Fuck...I love. I didn't think that was even possible.

A few more tears fall from her eyes as she grins at me.

"I love you too, Dawson Michael Barlow." She says and I see the love shining behind those beautiful hazel eyes for me. Fuck yes, she loves me.

She kisses me deeply with her arms tight around my neck before she lets me go.

"I should probably confess that I've wished for a baby every time we've fucked raw." I smile and she laughs out loud.

"Now let's get you cleaned up and in bed. They should be back with that motherfucker by now and everyone will be waiting on my instructions. Plus, prez is going to want to call church." I tell her and she looks scared.

"I don't want to stay here. I want to go the cabin." She says and it makes me fucking happy because I know how comfortable she is there.

"That's too risky, Little One. I need to deal with Steven, and I want you close." I tell her sternly. She's going to listen this time.

"Can I stay with you?" she asks, afraid of me being away from her.

"No, Little One. I need you to rest. I will have a prospect sit outside the door, so you feel safe and just in case you need anything. I don't know when I'll be back." I tell her and I can see uncertainty in her eyes.