Chapter 47

Lily

It's almost eleven in the morning before I finally wake up, alone in Dawson's bed at the clubhouse.

I immediately sit up in bed and notice mine and Dawson's bags on the floor by the bedroom door. He's been back, which means he's still interrogating Steven or he's in church again.

Climbing out of bed, I rummage through our bags to find my clothes. Picking out a black pair of military pants and a crop top, I head for the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. A few minutes later, I open the door slowly, not knowing if Army, or another prospect, is leaning against it.

"Good morning, ma'am" Army jumps up and turns around to greet me with his brown eyes full of surprise. Ma'am. I grin knowing Dawson must have put a stop to him calling me doll.

"Good morning. And Lily is fine. Ma'am makes me sound like I'm my dad's age." I smile at him, and he nods in understanding, "Have you been out here all night?"

"No. Nitro had Rebel come sit so I could get some sleep. I just got here." He shrugs grinning at me.

"When was he here?" I ask him, closing the bedroom door behind me.

"Around four this morning." That was over seven hours ago. Please tell me he hasn't been interrogating Steven this long. Please tell me they're just in church.

"Do you know where he is now?" I ask concerned, looking at Army has he rubs the back of his neck with his hand. I can tell he seems hesitant on what he can say to me. Dawson must have really chewed his ass for him and Rebel taking me from the clubhouse.

"I'm not sure if I can tell you that." He says nervously, it's not the best answer to help my nerves but the one I expected.

"Alright, have you seen my dad or Taz?" I ask knowing I have a better chance of them being able to tell me something, and then I realize that I'm not even sure if he knows who my dad is.

"They're in the bar with most everyone else." He says watching me. Guess he does know who my dad is. Everyone probably knows at this point.

"Great." I grin as I start to walk towards the stairs with him behind me.

"Nitro says I have to stay with you. Hope you don't mind." He offers as he steps beside me to walk down the hallway.

"I don't mind." I grin at him. I know he's just doing what Dawson told him to do, which is to make sure I'm safe.

"I heard you playing the guitar. You're really good." He says as we descend the stairs. I can hear the uneasiness in his voice.

"Thank you. I heard you singing. You're good too. Do you play guitar?" I glance at him as we turn right at the bottom of the stairs and turn down the hallway towards the bar.

"A little but not that good." He lifts an eyebrow at me shaking his head.

"Well, I'd be happy to help you out." I tell him as his big brown eyes widen in shock at my offer.

"You would?" he asks stunned, pausing at the end of the hallway.

"Sure, I'd love to. As long as you point me in the direction of my dad or Taz." I tease him as I look around the bar at around thirty people sitting around the tables, booths and barstools talking and eating.

"Taz is always in that booth. So, is Lawman when he's here." he points to a booth a few feet in front of us against the wall and sure enough, Taz and dad are both sitting there. It's the same booth Taz was in the first time I was here. Army leads me into the bar and directly to them.

"Good morning, sweetheart" Dad says smiling, as he steps out of the booth to hug me gently, careful to not hurt my stomach or ribs.

"Good morning" I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him back. I might be mad that he didn't tell me the truth about mom but seeing him makes me happy. Knowing that he's okay, makes me happy.

"How are feeling? How's the cut and the rib?" he asks, pulling back from me to look at the stitches on my stomach.

"I'm ok, just sore." I grin at his concern, "I am hungry though" I look down at the table and see Taz has a large slice of lasagna on a plate in front of him that is calling my name. Taz sees me eye fucking his lunch and laughs.

"Army, go get her a plate and some tea. Then take a break, she's going to hang out with us for a little while." Taz tells Army with a grin.

"Yes, sir" Army says to Taz with a nod and then turns to walk off towards the kitchen.

"Good to see you, Little Bit." Taz says as I slide into the booth across from him, dad sliding in next to me.

Taz shoves a fork full of lasagna into his mouth, and my mouth begins to water. I shake the feeling of hunger away, needing to know where Dawson is. I can feel my body panicking with not knowing.

"You too, Taz. Where's Dawson, I mean Nitro?" I ask not sure if I'm allowed to use his real name in front of them or not. I'm still not clear on the club rules for anything yet. Dad and Taz look at me and then each other before dad answers. Fuck, what did I do wrong?

"He hasn't come back yet from interrogating Steven." Dad says in a low voice. Shit, I think me calling him Dawson has upset him.

"How long has he been in there?" I ask, watching Taz shove the last bite of lasagna into his mouth and push his plate to the edge of the table.

"Going on seven hours." Dad's voice sounds concerned. Fuck, it's what I've feared, he's been there the whole time.

"Is that bad?" My chest feels tight with panic. I don't know if seven hours is normal for an interrogation or not.

"Just means he's either hard to break, he's answering questions, or Nitro's just having fun with the motherfucker." Taz says wiping his mouth and throwing the napkin on his plate.

I don't know what Dawson does during an interrogation, but I've seen enough movies to have a good idea. Is it wrong that I hope Dawson was having fun with him for the both of us? I'm not sure I really care about the answer to that, Steven deserves every ounce of pain that Dawson gives him for the shit he did to me.

Army arrives with a plate of lasagna with garlic bread in one hand and a glass of sweet tea in the other. He sets them down on the table and Dad slides them over in front of me. Army leaves with Taz's empty plate and I proceed to eat as Dad and Taz fill me in on the events of the evening.

"So, how was the trip to the cabin?" I ask dad when they are finished telling me everything.

"It was interesting." Dad smirks as Taz laughs out loud.

"That's not what you said a few hours ago." Taz manages to say through his laughter.

"Jesus, Taz, throw me under the bus next time." Dad tells him as Taz laughs harder.

"Then I'll call us even. I didn't like Taz having to tell me about mom. And you better not be mad at him for telling me either. I didn't give him a choice." I point my finger at Dad letting him know I mean business. If it weren't for Taz, I wouldn't have the answers I have now.

"I should have told you, sweetheart. I'm sorry I didn't." I can see the sadness in dad's blue eyes as he looks at me.

"You're forgiven." I nudge him with my shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to find out about Dawson and me that way." I say referring to my clothes all over Dawson's room at the cabin.

"Don't be sorry for that. He should have known from watching the two of you. Hell, they've been going at since the first time they walked in the clubhouse together." Taz laughs out loud

"It was after that, thank you very much." I stick out my tongue at Taz and he grins as Dad laughs at us.

For a moment, we forget where we are and what is happening. It feels like old times with the three of us, sitting around joking with each other. We haven't laughed and teased each other like this in months. Fuck, I've really missed this, and I hate that I allowed Steven to take it away from me. From us.