Prologue

Pattering on the rooftop, the raindrops danced outside. The sound of them gently tapping at the window soothed him, allowing him to relax for the first time in quite a while. His dainty fingers ran through his long red hair, separating the strands slowly. When was the last time he had free time like this? It had been so long that he barely knew what to do with himself at the moment, preferring to sit and watch the rain. It was a sudden downpour, not foretold by the miserable newscasters he watched on the television, but was very welcome to him. He had spent many days working in the rain, but was much too focused to realize the true tranquility it brought. At this time he felt his mind wander, imagining what things may have been like if he hadn't gotten involved in the underworld. Though, nothing could be done about it now. 

The small coffee shop was almost bare, close to closing up for good due to the lack of customers. It would upset him if they did in fact close, this being the place he visited the most since he left his organization. He found the quiet atmosphere comforting, it was much different from the constant bustling of the cities he used to live in. Peering out the window, he noticed the streets were, slowly but surely, beginning to flood. Which meant he would have to leave now or be stuck here for a while. He stood up from his chair, and walked off towards the exit, being bidded goodbye by the kind waitresses. Taking his umbrella from its holder by the door, he ventured out into the rain, holding it over his head once he opened it. The street was almost empty, due to the storm, though a few people had ran past him, hoping to be out of the rain. He took his time approaching his car, a lovely alfa romeo in a dark red color. He had it customized with a roof for rainy days such as these, as well as a radio, costing him quite a hefty sum. Though, there wasn't anything better to spend it on at the time. 

He climbed into the drivers seat of his car, immediately turning on the radio. The station played mostly new songs, and was now playing 'I want a good man' by Annette Hanshaw. Though he didn't care too much for this kind of music, preferring the fulfilling melody of orchestras. He looked up into a rear view mirror he had installed himself, and adjusted it. His green eyes almost glowed in the reflection, and his black lipstick was a bit faded on his lips. That was who he was, he didn't remember what his real name was, but his name now, was 'Diavolo'.