To You

"If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down." — Roy T. Bennett

The sun shone brightly through the windows of his home, much different from the everlasting rainy weather he had been having recently. Being holed up in his house for so long was starting to bore him, so he would take a trip out. Diavolo took a few clothes out, one of his regularly worn suits and a more comfortable looking outfit. It'd be much too hot to wear a full suit, no matter how safe he felt in it. He hung his dashing red suit up, and picked up the short sleeved dress shirt on his table. It was quite plain, though he didn't feel like it'd be a good thing to stand out too much. The pants somewhat matched, being a light shade of black, almost blue pair of dress pants. 

He changed his clothes, noticing the old scars around his torso. Marks of his past that refused to disappear. He remembered how it felt earning them, and how his skin burned against the utensils that caused them. Memories began flooding back to him, ones he tried to forget. Quickly pulling his shirt on, Diavolo darted out of the room and grabbed a prescription from his kitchen cabinet. He had recently been put on a sort of antidepressant, which was simply some bottled sulfate tablets. It wasn't as effective as it was advertised, but helped him a little. 

He took the tablets dry, too busy trying to get out of the house than drown in his own thoughts. Grabbing his keys, he made his way outside. He relished in the feeling of the sunlight on his face, something he had not been able to enjoy in a long time. He locked his door and walked out to his car. Climbing inside, he used a mirror to guide him as he fixed his long hair into a low bun. One he was satisfied with how it looked, he started the ignition and took off towards a nearby garden.

It was particularly empty, aside from a few caretakers getting rid of weeds. Diavolo wandered around the trails, admiring the tastefully cut bushes decorating them. It almost seemed as if it hadn't flooded at all, except for some areas that had remnants of it.  He sat down on a bench and closed his eyes, listening to the wind as it gently shook the flowers.