Connection

(Short chapter today but don't worry they'll get longer again)

"Are you asking me out?"

Kira raised an eyebrow, shaking Diavolo's hand off despite how badly he wanted it to stay. 

"I guess.."

Kira grimaced, beginning to walk off.

"Kira wait I'm sorry!"

Kira ignored Diavolo, leaving the area.

------------

It has been a few days since I've seen him.. I never should have asked him that. I really do mess up everything I touch.

Diavolo leaned back in his chair, guilt overflowing his senses, leaving him an uncertain and anxious mess.
He wanted Kira, but failed to realize what century he was in, as well as Kira's own orientations. He had said it clearly before, how he was only interested in women. The arrangement was only in place so they could both get the relief they needed. Perhaps this time, he had scared the other off for good.
God he hoped not. Why'd this always have to happen just as soon as things were getting better?

God hates us, that's why.
Was there even one? Diavolo doubted it, he had never been the religious type, especially not after all of the issues with his childhood.

His.. childhood.
That didn't matter right now.
What mattered was Kira, who tended to pop into his mind (and home) at random times. Diavolo was beginning to.. miss him. He liked the way Kira was always sarcastic, how he would call Diavolo an idiot from time to time. Kira's behavior was refreshing, and Diavolo wanted nothing more than to have a chance with him. Something other than sex.

I miss him..
Why did he have to leave us all alone like this?

Diavolo shifted, exhausted from today's search. Kira had not been at his home for a week. And Diavolo had no way of contacting him. It worried him to say the least, hoping Kira didn't end up like those ladies he saw on the television.

At times like these, Doppio was always there to comfort him.
I'm here for you.
Diavolo loved Doppio, and Doppio loved him. They were inseparable, both figuratively and literally. They were one of the same, they understood eachother in a way nobody else could. Doppio was so special to him.
You're special to me too.

Diavolo just wished he could talk to him again. They used to be so close.

I'm here. Always.

Diavolo is safe. He is comfortable and warm. He's happy, but he doesn't know why. An odd sense of relief came from his thoughts. Even if he was talking to himself. For a moment, he didn't care about Kira's absence. He could even forget it happened.

But like all things do, the feeling didn't last long. Eventually he was worried again, and got up once more to search.

He searched all day, even at Kira's work and places Diavolo himself would usually avoid, but no to avail. He wandered back, finding his favorite cafe along the way. Of course, he wouldn't hesitate going in. He spent a few hours in there actually, distracting himself from the situation he was in. Eventually he had to go home though.
Diavolo walked up his steps, noticing a letter in the door addressed to him.
He slowly opened the envelope, unfolding the paper inside.

"Shit."