Falter

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden." - Phaedrus

Diavolo's hands continued to tease Kira further and further, one hand playing sensually with his bottom lip, the other lightly brushing against his erect nipple. This was overwhelming. It was too much, he couldn't do this again, not now. It was too easy to forget about the man behind him and pretend it was just the hands. 

"Yes." Kira said softly. He really couldn't say no, not when this was the best he'd felt in years. One of the hands inched slowly down... Kira fell out of his trance and jerked away, breathing heavily. He turned his head to look at Diavolo. The emerald eyes had a slight anger to them. 

"I- I have work. We- I- not right now." He stuttered out. This was the most nervous he had been in his entire life, his outer shell of confidence and refinement had been stripped away long ago, along with his pride. 

 "When do you have work?" Diavolo asked calmly.

"Um," Kira looked at his clock hanging on an otherwise bare wall, 8:27. 

"Thirty-three minutes." 

Diavolo moved closer to Kira, and cupped his hand along his cheek. He felt the man shiver ever so slightly. He didn't desire sexual gratification at the moment, but it was fun to toy with the man. 

"You have time." 

"I-"

 Diavolo didn't want to listen to the complaints. He pushed Kira down on the bed and climbed on top of him, bending over and smashing their lips together. It wasn't romantic in the slightest, it was lips and teeth clashing together, it was aggressive, desperate, and it went on for far too long. 

8:44.

Kira pushed off Diavolo. Luckily he didn't resist. It seemed he at least had a small amount of decency. 

 "I need to go to work." He said breathlessly. 

 "Shouldn't I take care of that?" Diavolo smirked, glancing towards Kira's obvious erection.He looked appalled and his face became somehow more flushed.

"I can take care of it myself," Kira said, moving towards his closet and finally retrieving a shirt, along with a new pair of pants. 

"Fucking fairy." He added under his breath. He threw his clothes into a nearby bathroom, slammed the door, and left Diavolo alone in his room.

Diavolo hummed, taking in the room. He hadn't really looked around before. The room was decently bare, with little to no personal belongings. He laid back on the bed, looking at the still-life pictures around the room, but his thoughts were soon interrupted by a ball of fur leaping onto his chest. 

Diavolo looked down, accidentally colliding heads with the cat. The cat stared at Diavolo with it's light green eyes, it looked confused. Diavolo hesitantly placed a hand on the cat's head, which made it start purring loudly. He put his other hand under the cat's neck, and checked the name on it's collar. 

Lisa. She was very well fed, and was heavy on Diavolo's chest. She had a grey and white pattern all over her body, and her legs were white. She was surprisingly sweet, Diavolo hadn't met many cats in his life, and most of them were complete assholes. Diavolo gently scratched under her chin, already growing fond of the cat. Lisa moved up, laying her body across Diavolo's shoulder, and halfway across his neck. Diavolo stayed still, not knowing what to do. 

All of a sudden her ears perked up and she got up to scratch at the door. Diavolo could hear Kira calling for her, so he got up and opened the bedroom door. Lisa ran down the hall towards the voice, collar jingling and belly flopping around. Diavolo took this opportunity to explore, maybe even snoop around a bit. He quietly down the hall, passing by the kitchen where Kira, looking much more put together than before, was placing a food bowl on the ground. He didn't seem to notice Diavolo, too occupied with the cat to care. Diavolo made his way into the living room, examining the surplus of pictures on one of the walls. 

They were mostly pictures of Lisa, he must treasure that cat dearly. There were a few pictures of what may have been Kira's parents and him as a child, as well as graduation pictures. Diavolo noticed that Kira kept to the back in all of the pictures he was in. There were even some pictures from competitions Kira did, in which he was always either second or third. He eventually wandered from the wall and sat down a large beige colored couch. To his right was a  coffee table, littered with newspapers. All of them depicting missing women, and articles about murders. That same strange sense of guilt from before overflowed his senses, and he almost felt sick when he read one of the articles. 

Of course the thought had already crossed his mind, Kira Yoshikage had to be some kind of serial killer. All of the evidence was there, hell, he even tried to kill Diavolo apon their first meeting. Despite the sick feeling he got thinking of the horrific things this man must have done, he didn't really mind the fact nearly as much as he should.

He heard a door open, then close. After a few minutes he heard the sound of an engine turning on outside. He turned his head for a moment and came back to see Lisa staring up at him from the floor, meowing. Diavolo patted the couch next to him, and Lisa quickly jumped up onto it. He should really just go home, but he was too intrigued by the mysterious man. 

It wouldn't hurt to snoop around a bit, would it?