Lamb

"I never want to be anything more than I am; what I don't have, I don't need." — Louis Armstrong

"Come on little Rohan! It'll be fun!" 

Reimi Sugimoto, a kind young lady, and her tragic end.

"But it's so high up! Reimi it's scary!" 

A little kid yelled back to the brown haired girl, who was standing at the top of a playground slide.

"Oh come on, it's not that scary. Plus, I'm here so you won't get hurt!" 

She smiled at the the young Rohan, who looked the structure up and down with suspicion. Reimi extended her hand, and Rohan sighed, then climbed up to her.

"Alright, I'll go first then I'll wait for you at the bottom okay?" Reimi high fived Rohan before sliding down with her hands up in the air. She stood in front of the slide when she got to the bottom, then gave Rohan the thumbs up to come down. There was a bit of hesitation, but with some encouraging words from Reimi, Rohan slid down. Reimi caught him when he reached the bottom.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" Reimi gave him a hug.

"I guess so." 

"Reimi! Rohan! It's time to come inside!" A shout was heard from a nearby house.

"Let's go little Ro!" She took his hand and they walked off back to the house. Rohan's parents were away for a while, so Reimi and her parents decided to let him stay with them for a while. They walked inside the house, having a conversation about chalk drawings they could do together the next day. 

"Welcome back you two! Did you have fun?" Reimi's mother smiled, the family's beloved dog, Arnold, greeted them as well.

"Yeah! I went down a slide!" Rohan shouted, excitedly, petting Arnold as he approached.

"Yep, he did it all by himself! Though he did almost need a change of pants." Reimi replied with a smug look.

"Hey!! I did not!" Rohan stomped.

Reimi's mother laughed at the two, and Arnold barked in excitement.

"Well, you two should get washed up and start heading to bed soon. That way you can have my special pancakes in the morning!" 

Both Rohan and Reimi cheered at the word pancakes and immediately ran upstairs, tripping over eachother in the process.

"Haha! I win!" Reimi smiled as she opened the door to her room.

"Aww no fair Reimi! You always win!!" Rohan walked in and grabbed some clothes from his suitcase. 

"Maybe one day you'll beat me." 

Reimi began making her bed, allowing Rohan to exit and get washed up. She changed her clothes,  being lazy and not showering first. Afterwards she went to the spare room Rohan was occupying, and made his bed as well. She picked out a story to read for him before bed and waited for him to return. 10 minutes later, Rohan was all snug in his bed, with Reimi softly reading the story of Momotaro to him. Once Rohan had fallen asleep she retreated to her room. She fell asleep rather quickly after getting into her bed, but woke up when Rohan came in.

"I heard something scary!" Rohan sniffles as he crawled into Reimi's bed.

"Oh don't worry little Ro, it was probably nothing." She pat his head softly, comforting him. Moments later, they were both asleep again.

Reimi woke up once more, when she heard a strange noise.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip..

Dripping?

Why was there dripping?

She lazily got out of her bed, rubbing her eyes. 

"Mom? Are you up?" She walked downstairs, to investigate the noise.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

She couldn't believe her eyes. Was the darkness playing a trick on her? How could this be real?!

"Ar...nold..?" 

Blood pooled on the floor, and she let out a shriek of terror. She sprinted up the stairs, running into her parents room. "MOM! DAD!! ARNOLD IS-" 

She saw another face, one different than her mother's or father's. It was covered in the terrifying red substance. She screamed again, running into her room and quickly locking the door. She then ran to Rohan, who had woken up and was very confused.

"Oh.. Little Ro.." She said through tears. 

"What's going on Reimi?" Rohan asked, slowly walking up to her.

"I'm going to protect you I promise just- stay calm okay?" Reimi hugged Rohan tightly. 

The door handle began to shake and Reimi panicked. 

"Rohan I need you to get out of here-" She whispered as she opened the window.

"Reimi we can go together!-" Rohan was already being lifted and set on the windowsill.

"Stay calm okay? Try to land in the bush." Reimi hugged him.

"Okay." Rohan said, tearing up.

"One.. Two...Thr-" 

The sound of tearing flesh.

"Three."

An unfamiliar voice spoke.

Rohan fell from the window, safe but with a broken arm.

Not long after did the police arrive.

"R.. Reimi snuck me out the window! Reimi snuck me out the window!!!"