Seen

"In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things it would kill."-Rust Cohle, 'True Detective'.

" We just need to ask you a few questions, Mr Nicholas."

A black haired woman spoke softly to the man across from her. Jadyn Freeman, an optimistic young detective, having been in the force for over 5 years now. Standing by her side was her junior, Roy Duran. He had a black mullet, much different from her own puffy hair. 

"Yes yes, more questions of course. Well, I have a question for you detective. When is my club to be back in order!?" A blonde man screeched from behind his desk.

 Ferrin Nicholas, the owner of 'The dazzled darling' nightclub. The very same club, where a young woman named Amanda Shauni, was supposedly last seen. A loud man, who didn't seem to enjoy talking to others very much. He had his hair neatly tied up in a low ponytail, A bit unusual for someone in this day and age, though Jadyn didn't really mind it. 

"I assure you that your club will be just fine." Roy jumped in out of turn with an aggressive tone. 

Jadyn glared at her partner, making him quiet down quickly. Roy retreated to the other side of the room, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. Ferrin looked upset by her partner's behavior, and Jadyn stepped in immediately.

"Please excuse my parter, this is his first missing case and he's on edge.. Moving onto the questions-"

"What is it!?" It was obvious Ferrin was becoming impatient.

"You were here the night of the abduction, did you notice anything suspicous?" Jadyn asked, holding out a notepad.

"Yes I was there, but there is never anyone who doesn't look suspicious in any nightclub. It could have been anyone who took the young lady, one of the drunkees or even one of the bandmates could have done it!" 

Jadyn felt like she was in a circle. No matter what she would ask she would always be told 'It could have been anyone'. That's how these always went. She had been on these cases for many years, she knew it had to have been the same person each time. Asking for names didn't work, for everyone in this day and age ignored them. Detective work was becoming difficult.  She turned to her partner and nodded.

"Alright then, we'll take our leave.."

"You only asked one question though!" Ferrin seemed very confused.

"One is all that is needed." 

Roy closed the door behind Jadyn. 

"You should have asked more questions." He lectured her.

"I already know what he was going to say, it'd be a waste of time." 

Jadyn walked off before Roy could manage another lecturing statement, making him run to catch up to her.

It was time to visit an old acquaintance.