Morning

"I felt like an animal, and animals don't know sin, do they?" ― Jess C. Scott, 

It was warm, it was comforting, it was... wait.

Diavolo's eyelids shot open. This wasn't his room, of course it wasn't. He sharply looked over to his left and there he was in all his glory. A blonde man holding both of Diavolo's hands against his face, Yoshikage Kira.

He all but leaped up from his position, yanking his hands away from the other. What the fuck happened? Why was he here? HOW did he get here? He had so many questions, and they zipped through his mind at light speed before he remembered. Oh, right. This was his fault. What was wrong with him? The other began to wake up. He ended up locked in a dead stare with the other, causing his fight or flight reflexes to start kicking in. But instead of attacking or fleeing he just... froze.

"Good morning," Kira murmured softly.

Diavolo recoiled slightly at the words.

"What's wrong? Why are you being so shy?" Kira questioned, more towards Diavolo's hands than the man himself.

He got up out of bed and stood up quickly, revealing his nude form. Kira looked surprised for some reason, and then shock twisted into a sort of disgusted, regretful expression. Diavolo chose to ignore this, in favor of searching for his discarded clothes, regaining his composure quickly. Somehow amidst the chaos, Kira had managed to fold his clothes in a neat pile and place them on a chair. An average person would likely view this as kindhearted, but Diavolo knew that this must be because of Kira's obsessive cleanliness. This habit was never mentioned, but the state of his house made it obvious. Every inch of it was spotless, you could tell from a glance. Diavolo pulled on his pants along with his slightly wrinkled dress shirt. For now he avoided putting on the suit jacket he hung near the door.

His jacket. He had a handgun in there, one he always kept on him. Diavolo could dispose of Yoshikage Kira immediately. He glanced back towards the bed. Kira was hunched over, head in his hands.

Suddenly Diavolo felt an overwhelming sense of what must have been guilt flooding over him. He had never felt guilt or empathy before, wait, he had hadn't he? The night he heard of the murders. He felt sympathetic. It was a small amount, he was able to brush it off, but now it was an immense mountain of guilt. He intended on killing Kira from the start, he even discarded "Solido Naso", his alias, in favor of his true name. But now, he was hesitant. This hesitation and guilt reminded him greatly of his Doppio. Even more guilt washed over him after remembering his inability to contact him in recent months. It was fine, he would be able to conceal this new emotion.

What is wrong with me?

The thought presented itself to both of the men, but for vastly different reasons. Kira kept his head in his hands, contemplating where his life had led him. Last night he had convinced himself that this "agreement" was only a sacrifice in order to get what he wanted. But it didn't turn out that way. He had thoroughly enjoyed not only the soft delicate hands trailing around his entire body, but also-

He started shaking slightly. He had done disgusting, despicable things with another man. The thought of engaging in sexual activities with anything but a hand had never crossed his mind, but now? He almost wanted to repeat the sinful act.

Kira lifted his head to find Diavolo staring at him. What was that look? Was it pity? Kira felt anger bubbling up inside of him. No, now was not the time. He slid off the bed and diverted his eyes. Kira opened his closet door in search of something to wear, cringing a little bit at the unfamiliar soreness near... well. He didn't want to think about it.

"I have decided against killing you."

Kira didn't look back. He felt his anger ripping apart his insides. This level of helplessness was pathetic. Diavolo could overpower him easily. He had overpowered him easily.

"What have you decided to do then?" Kira asked. He spoke with malice, but he was unable to keep a small waiver of fear out of his voice. Kira didn't know what he wanted the answer to be. He wanted to move on from this god defying ritual, but at the same time...

He felt the presence of Diavolo towering behind him. One of those perfect hands reached over to caress his face. Despite himself, he leaned into it. The other slid over his still exposed pec.

"I've decided to continue this... arrangement. That is, if that's what you desire." It wasn't a question, though it was phrased that way. 

How could he possibly say no when those phenomenal hands were softly rubbing against his face?