Between the Cracks

"Sometimes loneliness makes the loudest noise"  -Aaron Ben-Ze'ev

The red hair swished in the wind gracefully. 

It looked almost ethereal, inhuman. Kira didn't care about hair nearly as much as hands, but it would be a crime not to admire it. It was long and silk-like, he had never seen anything like it on a man before. Those hands didn't seem to belong to a man either; no, they were far too delicate. What did the mysterious Solido Naso do as a profession? What line of work would leave those hands so perfectly untouched?

In the end it didn't matter, but Kira had been following him for a little more than two hours. It was difficult keeping himself entertained, but he had done this enough that he knew how to manage. It was frustrating, his prey refused to leave the safety of the crowd, it was almost as if he had spotted Kira. That was impossible, he was a master of his craft, no one had ever suspected a thing.

----

Eventually, the safety of the crowd had been abandoned. The man was alone. He was unprotected, standing with his back towards Kira. It was an odd place to stop, what business could someone possibly have at this corner of town? No one lived here, it was empty except for a few buildings used for who knows what. He wasn't complaining though, it was the perfect place to collect his prize. No one would ever hear his screams.

There was an ominous silence. No sound of engines, no city noise, it was a major difference from earlier.

"I suggest you leave now, Yoshikage Kira. That is, if you wish to keep your life."

This... voice. Kira was sure it belonged to 'Solido'. No, he was absolutely positive it belonged to the man he was following. But how did he find out, how did he even know his name? Kira had never been caught trailing someone before, he made sure of that. The man had never looked back, not once. How could he have noticed that he was being trailed? That was impossible, wasn't it?

He cleared his throat, cold blue eyes stabbing at the other man's figure. His gaze was met with those same green eyes once again, but something was different. They were not filled with any sign of fear or worry like they used to be. The man glared at Kira with apoplectic, and determined eyes. Those too, like his hair, looked ethereal. 

The air surrounding the two became tense, each being cautious as if they were walking on broken glass. Though, they might as well be. This street had a lot of gang activity, which is why Kira usually avoided it at all costs. There were already plenty of broken bottles and shards of what used to be windows scattered along the ground, not to mention bullet holes in the surrounding buildings.

Kira walked slowly towards the other man, holding his hands above his head. He put on a fake, but convincing smile.

"You've caught me, how unfortunate."

He continued to venture ever so slightly closer, completely ignoring the murderous presence in front of him.

"I'm.. impressed," Kira began.

"No one has ever caught me following them before, what makes you different?" They had roughly 6 feet between them, that would be enough.

 The other man remained silent, only glaring.

"You aren't very talkative, I like that." Kira's pleasant smile shifted into something far more sinister.

He reached quickly into his back pocket, pulling out a concealed knife, running directly towards his victim.

He thrusted his blade towards the other's throat. Before it made contact, the taller man grabbed his wrist, crushing it beneath his bizarrely tight grip. Kira gasped out in pain and shock, unintentionally dropping his knife. His opponent caught it and twirled it like a pen disinterestedly before shoving the stolen blade under Kira's chin, forcing him to look into cruel green eyes.

"Do you want to die?" Diavolo snarled, his face now mere centimeters from Kira's.

He glanced lovingly down at that gorgeous hand crushing his own. He never expected to get so turned on being dominated by his future girlfriend.

"Mmm, if it's by those hands I wouldn't mind." Kira said softly.

Diavolo dropped Kira's wrist, drawing his hand back as if the wrist had burned him. This guy was already a creep, and now he's flirting with Diavolo's hands? There were already so many red flags.

Yet...

"What the hell are you on about?" He growled, pressing the blunt side of the blade against Kira's throat. 

Kira swallowed, and put his palm against the hand holding the knife

"The skin on your hand is so soft, and your pale slender fingers are so elegant, but shockingly strong..."

He rubbed his thumb along a knuckle

"I want it to be mine."

Diavolo looked closely into the icy blue eyes. There was no fear or anger, just pure lust and desire. It was refreshing and somehow intoxicating. Why did he feel strangely happy after that comment? Maybe he was too desperate to be loved for once, even if it was just for his hands. He had been alone for such a long time after all. And then for some reason, against his better judgement,

"You can have my hands, but you'll have to take the rest of me as well."