Evening Hours

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all, I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." — Agatha Christie

A gentle song was being performed in the background, as the club had live shows every other week. A gorgeous woman stood at the mic, singing a lovely cover of 'That Da Da Strain'. She was wearing a long white dress with sparkling sleeves, and long black hair. The entire venue was filled with chatter and a group of drunk gentlemen were singing along with the performer. The blonde picked up his drink, tonight was relatively special. He had gotten a promotion for his job the day before, and was out to celebrate tonight. He was Kira Yoshikage, an ordinary man you would find anywhere, maybe a bit too ordinary. Always aiming for second best, and making sure not to draw attention to himself at all times. Unlike everyone else, he never aimed to become anything better than he already was. His life was peaceful, and that's how he liked it.

He had a strict daily routine, that he always followed no matter what. Though, since today was a special day, he decided to stay out much later than he was used to. He took gentle sips of his Sidecar Cocktail, enjoying the sweetness of the orange juice mixed with the bitterness of the lemon juice. He was alone here, sitting at the bar. It did not bother him though, he hadn't many friends to invite out anyways. He enjoyed being alone actually. He closed his eyes, listening to the woman singing and unconsciously tapping his foot. He couldn't think of how this night could get any better. A promotion, good drink, and beautiful music was all he really needed for a night such as this. Though, he did quite enjoy staying at home and playing with his cat, Lisa. 

When the thought of his cat crossed his mind, he decided it was best to start leaving soon. But no, he shouldn't, there was an ulterior motive to this. He stayed seated, and listened to the music some more. His head began to become a little fuzzy from his drink, for he never really drank much. Though, the heat was welcome to him. It was raining earlier, and it was quite chilly. He felt very relaxed and leaned against the bar table. 

Time flew by quickly, and eventually the music stopped. The band was beginning to pack up, meaning it was nearing time for the club to close. He stood up from his chair and walked outside of the venue, watching people exit. He went around the back of the building, where the band was putting things into their vehicle. Noticing the singer, he unconsciously walked up to her, not a thought left in his head. 

"Hello."

 He spoke to her, a goal set in his mind.

"Oh hey! What's happening?"

Her hands were lovely.

"I quite enjoyed the show."

So perfect.

"That's great to hear! We've been practicing for a long time."

His mind began drowning out her voice, thoughts intruding his mind of her hands. Those perfect, soft looking hands. He could barely control himself.

"You're very good at singing."

This was bad.

"Thank you!" 

The woman checked her watch, rolling up her sleeve.

"Ah, I'm going to miss the late bus if I talk anymore! Sorry."

He wouldn't let her go that easily.

"Oh, do you need a ride? I'd be happy to give you one."

Got her.