Festering

The update you've all been waiting for... I can't believe it's been almost a year! Well, expect more updates soon, because I will never truly abandon this fic. Rest assured this will reach an ending.
----------------------

"Did you send it?"
A man with piercing red eyes stared across the room. His head decorated with short fluffed up white hair and a black hood that created a sharp contrast between the colors.
"Yeah I fucking sent it. Who the hell do you take me for? Melone?"
An unnaturally blue-haired fellow sat on the couch, fixing his glasses as he read the morning paper.
"Sorry to disturb your reading, Ghiaccio. But you could stand to be a bit kinder to your capo."
The white-haired man scowled, taking a sip of his drink. Some cheap wine he bought at the store a week ago.
"Right. Sorry Risotto." Ghiaccio replied, sarcasm clear in his voice.

------
La squadra Esecuzioni, an elite team of assassins that formerly worked for the gang Passione. This group consists of 7 members, each one a very skilled assassin. Risotto Nero, the leader of the group, was especially skilled. He had white hair, adorned by a black hat with little bells on the bottom of it. Straps ran across his chest, attached to a coat that reached down below his knees. His fashion sense was certainly wild for this era, and he always got strange looks whenever he went out, and it wasn't just because he had white hair.
The rest of his crew was much different. Characters like Ghiaccio, Formaggio, and Prosciutto could be seen wearing suits at almost any time. Melone, Pesci, and Illuso, however, liked to wear clothes you could lounge in. All of their styles varied, just like their personalities.
Ghiaccio was a stubborn, easily angered, and loud man. You could also say he was a bit of a rebel, for his hair was dyed blue.
Melone, his partner, was a complete and utter pervert. He would do anything to get his hands apon a woman (or a man, for that matter.) And like Ghiaccio, his hair was dyed, only this time, a blonde color, where his darker roots could be seen if you looked very closely at his head.
Formaggio was an upbeat kind of guy, while his friend Illuso, was more of a boastful one. They got along very well.
Prosciutto was sort of a backup leader for the group, being second in charge to Risotto. And his adoptive brother Pesci, was very shy and meek. But when it came down to it, he was, just like the rest of them, a skilled assassin.
This group had always been out to get Diavolo, ever since the "incident."
Having been caught trying to betray the mafia, two members of the Squadra Esecuzioni, were killed. Sorbet and Gelato. Both were killed quite brutally, seeing as Sorbet, was cut up to little pieces, and shipped to the doorstep of the Squadra. Gelato, unfortunately, bore witness to this happening before he was killed too.
The boss had made things very clear.
Word had gotten out that a new don was in power, but the squadron still had it out for the former one. So, they enacted a plan.
------

Diavolo was in disbelief.
He had received a very ominous letter, and he knew exactly who sent it to him.

We have your lover in our grasp, reveal yourself to us. Show us who you really are, and we'll release them. Make your choice, boss.

There was no signature, and it was short and to the point. He knew it had to be them. It had to be that damned assassination team. And they had his.. lover..

His lover..

Love.. who would be his lover?

Oh.

Diavolo's eyes widened. Kira had run away and been found and taken by the Squadra, hadn't he?! Diavolo felt like he was underwater. There was nothing he could do really. "Reveal yourself," he could never..
It was times like these he wished he didn't exist. That all of his choices had meant nothing, and that nobody was hurt because of him. It was unlike him to have such sympathy. He wanted to keep the people around him out of his crowd. It was a new thing. He didn't like how it felt.
Doppio did that all the time. He went out of his way for others, even gave people money to get them back on their feet.. Diavolo truly missed him.
Kira would be hurt, and it was all his fault. He should have never made that arrangement. He should never have met Kira. He wished he'd never met Kira.

Kira. Kira. Kira. Kira. Kira.

His head felt like it was going to explode, he just couldn't handle this. He'd never felt such worry ever since Doppio almost.. What could he even do? God damn, he was so pathetic. He couldn't even save the man he had feelings for. He had gotten them into this mess. Diavolo felt horrible. There were so many feelings in his head and body; fear, anger, sadness, nausea, headache, shakiness.

But what could he do?

He didn't have the mental capability to reveal himself to the Squadra. He was too afraid. He liked it here. He felt safer when he was here and away from the mafia and all that bullshit.

He was..

Happy.

But how could he be happy. Diavolo didn't deserve to feel that emotion. Kira made him feel that emotion though. Not very often, but it was there in the corner of his mind. He was happy when he was around Kira. Even if he did treat him like shit.

"Am I really that fucked up?" Diavolo thought to himself.
"Clinging onto a serial killer, who doesn't even care if I live or die. Hell, he'd probably kill me if he felt like it."

Maybe it was best that Kira was taken. No, that's a terrible thing to think. Well, whatever. If only he could throw these feelings away, things would be better.

But he had to find Kira.