chapter 10

Marinette went to college today with a busted lip, and her jaw was slightly fractured. She covered her black eye with makeup.

She walked into the college professor. "Oops sorry college professor", Marinette apologized. She giggled, she always liked Marinette because she always turned in her homework on time and always did good in college.

"That's ok miss Marinette", she said while smiling. She looked at Marinette's face and saw her lip and jaw. "Oh Marinette? Are you ok?", She asked, concerned.

"Yeah I'm ok", Marinette lied. "I think you need to come with me", she said as she grabbed Marinette's arm. Marinette was refusing her but she still brought Marinette to her office.

They say down in front of each other. "I'm gonna be late for class, so I really need to get going", Marinette said, trying to make up an excuse in order to get out of there. "Yes, but I will make an announcement to your teacher", she said as she grabbed the thingy.

(Ya know the thingy where teachers always make announcements from the pta system, yeah that thingy)

She talked into the thingy and said, "Marinette dupain Cheng is my office miss Nayye. If your looking for her I repeat she's in my office", she said. Everyone looked towards the pta system while she spoke.

After she was done speaking on Marinette's behalf, everyone focused of their work again. "I wonder what she did to be called to the office", Nino said. "real", adrien added. Alya nodded.

The lady looked at Marinette. "You have a fractured jaw and busted lip, care to tell me how you got them?", She asked as she locked her fingers together and put it under her chin.

"Ummm I bit my lip and I accidentally hit my self in the face with my bathroom door", she lied with an innocent smile on her face.

But the professor saw right through her lies. She smirked, "oh yeah? So what else did you cover up with makeup?", She asked, giving Marinette a shock of her life.

"How'd you- I..I mean I didn't cover up anything. I don't k-know what your talking about", Mary stuttered. "So why are you stuttering?", The professor asked.

"Mhm...", The professor said. She then picked up a bottle of water opened it and threw it into Marinette's face. It had messed up Marinette's make up. Now the professor saw Marinette's black eye clearly.

"What is wrong with you!!?", Marinette asked in anger. Her clothes were all socked. "A black eye", the professor said.

Marinette gasped and looked at her in shock. The professor got up and walked over to her. She kneeled down to her level in the chair. "Marinette, abuse is a very serious thing. If someone's hurting you, you need to tell me now", she said in a tender and caring tone.

"N-nothing happened to me. I told you I hit myself with the door, and I bit my lip", she denied. The professor sighed, "then how'd you get the black eye?", She asked suddenly.

"I-i uh i-i punched myself", Marinette stuttered nervously. Marinette got up quickly. And walked towards the door, "Marinette wait", the professor said, making Marinette come to a halt.

"You can go home, don't come to college tomorrow either take a break from college to get yourself together", she said. Marinette nodded and walked out of the door.

The professor sighed, she was pretty sure those bruises wasn't from accidents. Maybe she has a good eye? Or maybe she indured abuse herself.