chapter 14

The ambulance came out of the house with Marinette in a stroller. Her body was still twitching. She rushed her to the van quickly.

They then took her away while the police stayed behind to inspect why she had a seizure. Alya, Nino, and adrien stood there in shock.

"Guys do you realize that we just saved her life right?", Alya told them. "Yeah, what would've have happened if I didn't break that door down in time?", Adrien asked in worry.

"I don't wanna know", Nino replied. "Me neither", alya added. "Let's go to the hospital and wait for her to recover", adrien said, alya and Nino agreed.

They all started to walk to the hospital. When they got there, they got put in the waiting area.

2 hours later

The doctor walked out of room 12. Aka Marinette's room. "What's going on doctor?", Adrien asked as he got up. Alya and Nino got up to and looked at the doc in worry.

"You guys need to come with me", he said. They nodded and followed him into the room. Adrien saw Mary and he walked towards her. She was sleeping. Adrien was so worried he was ready to cry at that moment.

*Oh Marinette if only I'd kick that door down sooner*, adrien thought. "What did she eat today?", The doc asked, snapping adrien back to reality.

He turned around towards him and shrugged. "I don't know doctor we're not exactly close anymore", adrien explained. "I see", the doctor said.

He walked towards the bed and looked down at Marinette. "Do any of you take drugs?", He asked suddenly. All of them gasped in shock. "Of course not doc none  of us ever touched drugs in our life", alya explained.

The doc nodded. "Then who had access to drugs?", He asked, like he was a detective trying to crack a case. "I don't know", they say in sync.

"Ok, does she live with any of you?", He asked. "Nope, she lives with her boyfriend", adrien said. They gasped.

"NATHANIEL!!", they all shouted in sync. "Hmmm so her boyfriend could have access to drugs?", The doc asked. "Yes, as a matter of fact he's crazy. He could be behind this", adrien explained.

"Hmmmm ok", the doc said with a frown. "Why'd you ask about this anyway?", Alya asked in a curious tone. "Well we found traces of drugs in Marinette's system which means she has been taking drugs. And that's also the reason she had this seizure she overdosed.", The doc explained.

Alya gasped in shock. She didn't realize how serious this was. She knew Nathaniel was a bad person but not a dangerous person. "First he hits her, then he punched her, now he forced her to take drugs?! I'm gonna kill him!!", Alya shouted in rage.

"Wait are you confessing that Marinette has been abused?", The doctor asked in a surprised tone. "Yes, her boyfriend is crazy!! But you know who else is crazy?! Me!!", She shouted, as she pushed her hair back in a ponytail. She was ready to catch a body.

"Alya calm down", Nino said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. Alya huffed and puffed in anger. She was in raged with him and she was gonna kill him even if it was the last thing she did.

"I'm with you alya but we need a plan first", adrien said. Alya took a deep breath and calmed down. "Ok", she replied.