chapter 21

*wooo, wooop* a police siren was heard. Nathaniel was taken away in handcuffs. Adrien and Marinette watched as he was put into the back of a police car.

He looked at adrien with hatred and anger in his eyes. Adrien glared at him. He then looked at Marinette and smirked. Marinette bit her lip and gulped.

Even tho he would be behind bars now, she was still scared of him for some reason. Adrien saw how he was looking at Marinette, and he kissed her forehead.

"It's ok, I'm here. I won't let him hurt as long as I'm here", adrien whispered in soft, comforting tone. Marinette smiled, but the spirit of fear still lingered within her.

Nathaniel was taken away. Marinette watched as he the car drove away. She recalled what he told her the day before she was put in the hospital.

(Flashback) "as long as I'm on this earth...I will always come back for you. I will always find you no matter where you go. You. Are. Mine. Marinette and only mine", (end of flashback)

Marinette gulped as she remembers how he told her that. He held her hair tightly in his grasp and held her back against his chest.

Marinette whimpered as she remembered the feeling on her scalp while he pulled onto her hair.

Adrien kissed Marinette's head and escorted her back into the house. Marinette wasn't able to sleep that night. That feeling of not being safe from Nathaniel's clutches washed over her.

The constant spirit of worry filled her mind and soul. She didn't want Nathaniel to die, but that was the only way she would feel safe.

Marinette hated Nathaniel with a passion but she also feared him. She would never wish death on him tho. She wouldn't even wish death on her worst enemy.

Marinette was wayyyyyy to nice. And that was her problem. She felt Adrien's hand grip her waist. She felt warm, and safe in his arms. But she thought about Nathaniel again, fear would fill her again.

"Oh girl I'm so sorry", alya apologized. Marinette and Adrien just finished telling her and Nino what happened last night. "He really needs to die in prison", alya said.

"Alya!!", Marinette shouted, "what?", Alya asked. Adrien sighed, "she doesn't want him to die", adrien explained. "What?!", Alya exclaimed. "After all the abuse he put you through?! He deserves to die!!", Alya shouted in anger.

"But I forgive him", Mary lied. She didn't forgive him she hated him with a passion. The truth is that she was scared of him. And she didn't want to tell her friends that.

"Bs!!", Nino shouted. They all looked at him in shock. "I'm sick of him!! He should spend the rest of his life behind bars and he should rot in there!!", He shouted in anger.

"Wow babe, I didn't know you had it in you", alya said in shock. Nino smiled, "expressive huh?", Adrien nodded. Marinette smiled, she loved how they all got distracted for minute.

She hated talking about Nathaniel. He hated his guts. All she wanted was to to be freed from his abuse. But she didn't have any courage to ask to be left alone.

If Nathaniel died she would spend the rest of her life in guilt. If he doesn't die, then she will spend the rest of her life in fear. And she knew she sounded dumb for saying it but, she had rather to spend the rest of her life in fear.

But Marinette will get out of Nathaniel's clutches....very soon. And sooner than she thought....with the help of her friends and boyfriend of course.