chapter 20

"you!! You bastard!!", Adrien shouted in anger. Nathaniel's smirk grew bigger. "You!! What in the world is wrong with you?!", Adrien asked as he gripped Nathaniel by his shirt.

He made Nathaniel stand up and pushed him into the house. Nathaniel fell on the floor, and a loud thud was heard.

Marinette came downstairs, and she froze in her tracks as she saw Nathaniel look up at her. He smiled, then waved.

"W-what is he doing here?", Marinette asked, as her shoulders tensed up. "He was the one that was watching us", adrien said, he then picked Nathaniel up and threw him on the couch.

Marinette took a good look at Nathaniel, then she gasped. She remembered that when she went into the store she saw a person a hat watching her.

She realized that it was Nathaniel that was watching her. "You...it was you", Marinette said in a shaky tone. Nathaniel smirked, "yeah and?", He asked, in a "so what" tone.

Adrien was confused. "What do you mean by that?", He asked Mary in a confused tone. "Remember when I went in the store?", Marinette asked. Adrien nodded.

"I felt someone watching me, so I looked back and saw a person in a hat looking at me", she explained. Adrien's hands balled up into fists.

"Why were you watching us? What do you want?!", He shouted at Nathaniel in anger. Nathaniel only smirked. "It's Marinette, she's who I want", he said as he looked at her.

Adrien scoffed, "why the hell do you want her!! After all the abuse you put her through!! And you almost caused her to die by overdosing her on those drugs!!", Adrien shouted in an angry tone.

Nathaniel gasped softly. "So you told them", Nathaniel said. Marinette bit her lip nervously. She was shaking in fear. Adrien realized this and hugged her tightly.

"Ahhh it's ok, I won't let him hurt you", adrien said in a tender tone, as he rubbed Marinette's shoulders. Nathaniel smirked, "so let me guess you two are together?", The red head asked.

Adrien looked at him in anger. "It's none of your business!!", He shouted in rage. Marinette wasn't calming down all she was doing was crying. Seeing Nathaniel again, and what he did to her the last time he saw her.....scarred her for life.

She would never forget how he'd call her useless when she didn't do anything right. How he would hit her and take out all his anger out on her. Or how he would rape her when he got bored.

He would rape her 24/7 like she was his sex toy. But....she wasn't. Marinette felt weak, she didn't feel strong enough. He always made her feel like she was nothing...and that she always would be nothing.

Adrien realized that she was crying harder and harder by the minute. He let go of her and punched Nathaniel in the face. Blood poured from Nathaniel's mouth. He spat the blood on the floor.

Adrien's fist was bleeding but he didn't care. He wanted to beat him to a pulp. He hated seeing Marinette in the state she was in, And. Nathaniel. Was. Gonna. Pay.

Adrien got ontop of Nathaniel and started punching his face hard. Marinette removed her hands from her eyes and saw adrien punching Nathaniel.

In that moment she shouldn't been happy that he was getting beat to a pulp. But she didn't know why...she actually felt sorry for him. "Stop!! Stop!!", She shouted.

Adrien didn't listen to her, he just kept pinching the crap out of Nathaniel. "Please!! Stop!! Your gonna kill him!!", Marinette shouted in desperation. Adrien stopped the minute she said that. He held his fist in mid air, looking down angrily at Nathaniel's bruised face.

He looked back at Marinette who had tears in her eyes. Her eyes were filled with sorrow. Her eyes pleaded for him to stop. "Please...stop", Marinette said softly as tears rolled down her cheek.

Adrien sighed, he got off of him and stood back. Nathaniel's face was bruised and he barely could open his eyes. His nose was fractured, his jaw was broken, he had a black eye and he was pretty sure he had bitten his tongue.

Marinette bit her lip and held her head down in shame. Adrien looked at her, he reached out to touch his shoulder but she flinched at his touch and he was shocked.

Marinette had never flinched at his touch. No matter how many time they fought....she must have been really scared. Adrien took his hand off of his shoulder and looked at Nathaniel again.

What are they gonna do with Nathaniel? He needed to go to prison but will Marinette testify against him? In her condition adrien feared she wouldn't speak up against him.

But one day she will....and when that day comes she will be a changed Marinette.