chapter 22

Adrien was laying down in the bed, just thinking. Today was the day him, Mary, alya and Nino would got to court for Nathaniel's trial.

Marinette sighed, "how do I look?", She asks. Adrien got up and looked at her. He was shocked, Marinette was wearing a woman's suit.

He's never seen her in something like that. Marinette was a girly type girl so, that was shocking. "Wow, you look....uhhh", adrien said, trying to find a word for it.

Marinette looked down. "No I'm sorry, I'm not saying you look bad but your a girly type girl I would have thought you would have put on a dress, or something", he explained.

"I know but I wanna try something different", she said as she lifted her head up. Adrien nodded, "ok", he said. "let's go", he said as he walked towards her. He linked arms with her and they walk out of the door.

They drive there. And all of them get out of the car. They walk into the building. Marinette was so nervous...not to go in but to face Nathaniel.

What If she messed up? What if she said something wrong? What if she became overwhelmed by the questions they asked her?

Adrien must of felt that something was wrong with her, because he grabbed her and squeezed it tightly.

He looked at her, "it's gonna be ok, you'll do fine", adrien whispered. Marinette smiled and nodded. Alya and Nino were walking in front of them.

Alya opened the door and they all walked in. They sat at the benches, and Marinette sat in the seat next to the judge. They waited a couple minutes and then a police officer walks in with Nathaniel.

As Nathaniel walks past Marinette he gave her a death stare. Marinette gulped. The police officer then sat him down.

They began the court after a couple of  minutes. The lawyer got up walked  close to Marinette with his hand in his pocket.

"Miss Marinette, you said that Mister Nathaniel had hit you....where are the bruises?", The man asked. Marinette was moved her lips but nothing came out.

She blinked a couple times before speaking. "he didn't hit me recently, he hit me a couple weeks ago.", Marinette replied, in soft tone almost like a whisper.

"Mmmmm ok, and what were the bruises he gave you?", The man asked.  "Uhhh he gave me a black eye, a fractured jaw, and a busted lip", Marinette explained.

The man listened attentively, trying to find a fault in her words. "Hmmm ok.....and you said Nathaniel drugged her and caused you to overdose?", He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Ummm yeah, h-he d-did you can check the hospital papers I'm in there", Marinette stuttered. "Why are you stuttering?", He asked in a suspicious tone.

"Uhhh ummm.......I'm just nervous", Marinette answered. "Why?", He asked. "Umm", Mary says as she looks at adrien. Adrien stood up quickly. "your honour in don't think this is fair, he's literally patronizing her!!", Adrien shouted.

Everyone in the court room agreed. And was talking about it noisily. The judge picked up the mallet and banged it on the table. "Order in the court!!", He shouted.

He puts the mallet down and looks at the lawyer. "yes I think he's right, just go by the questions John", he said strictly. The man sighed, and nodded.

Marinette looked at Nathaniel and he smirked. Marinette gulped and looked at adrien. "It's ok, keep going", adrien mouths to her.

Marinette frowns and shake her head no as tears came to her eyes. "Ok!! Times up...everyone meet back here in 15 minutes", the judge said. He then bamed the mallet on the desk.

Everyone got up and walked out of the room.