Chapter 11 - The family support

Liam's POV

As soon as I saw my father leaving the mansion, I went to see my mother. Ruth told me that she was in the study room. I knocked on the door and walked in as I heard my mother's voice.

After greeting her, I sat down on the chair next to the desk and entwined my hands tightly.

"What happened? You look strange." My mother gave me a worried look.

"I want to ask something from you." I mumbled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck uneasily.

"What?" She asked, giving me a questioning look.

I heaved a loud sigh and bit my lower lip nervously. "Layla..." She raised her eyebrow in confusion. "I ... I made a mistake... She and I ... We... did it a few times, but now she is blackmailing me." I confessed, embarrassed.

"What?!" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I am sorry, Mom. Please help me. She wants a hundred thousand dollars; if I don't give the money to her, she will tell everyone that I harassed her." I informed her, trying to hide my panic. "Believe me I didn't force her. She started it. I didn't think she could act like this."

She breathed deeply and rubbed her forehead, sighing. "I can't hide it from your father."

"Mom, no! If Dad finds out about it, he will kill me." I said in panic and gave her a begging look.

"He is your father, Liam. Don't talk like he is a ruthless man. Aspen loves you." My mother commented softly.

"I know, but... he often gets angry at me. Especially now when he finds out about it." I mumbled and pursed my lips together. "He wants me look like Troy. I am a disappointment to him." I added sadly.

My mother gave me a sympathetic look and approached me. She sat down in the chair opposite me and rested her hand on top of my entwined hands.

"You aren't a disappointment to him, Liam. We love you so much. We are just worried about you." She said softly and squeezed my hand. I bit my lower lip, averting my gaze. "Don't come here till we handle the problem with her. And don't pick up her calls." She stated authoritatively.

I nodded. "Fine." She gave me a compassionate smile and stroked my hair gently.

***

When I left the agency, my mother called me and informed me that she talked to my father, and he would take care of everything. After her call, I slightly felt relieved. I had been checking the news and social media since I left the mansion.

As soon as I got in my car, I sent a message to Aurora asking her where she would want to go.

'Sorry, I can't meet up with you today. Something urgent has come up.'

'Is everything okay?'

"Yes, don't worry."

'See you later.'

I sighed, upset and called Kayden. We decided to hang out together. We were going to have dinner, and then to have fun at Stardust. I didn't want to stay alone tonight, and keep thinking about Layla's blackmail.

***

I grimaced and rubbed my temple as I woke up the following morning. I had a pounding headache.

I ran my hand through my disheveled hair and went to the kitchen. I took a painkiller and drank a cup of coffee to wake up fully. Then I went to take a shower. 

After putting on my clothes, I sent Aurora a message and our photo from the photoshoot.

'We look good together, sugar.'