Chapter 35 - Outburst

Liam's POV

I bit my lower lip and looked at my brother anxiously while breaking out in cold sweat. Troy gave me an encouraging look and nodded.

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down, and mumbled nervously. "Umm... I... I have a... girlfriend."

"Really?! Who is she? Nicole?" My mother asked excitedly.

"Hold on, my sunshine!" My father intervened and traveled his gaze from my mother to me. "Why are you nervous? Don't tell me you knocked her up?" He asked, giving me an intimidating look.

Well... a few years ago.

"What?! Liam, is it true?" My mother asked, puzzled.

"No, she isn't pregnant." I clarified.

My father breathed deeply in relief and asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Then why are you keep babbling? Who is that girl?"

"She is... Aurora." I replied and gave my mother a nervous look. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your mother's assistant?" My father asked, surprised.

"Yes. We love each other." I confessed firmly.

My mother sighed. "Liam, Aurora isn't a girl like the girls you dated before. Moreover, she is my friend's daughter. So if you aren't serious about her..."

"Mom, I know she is different. I assure you I really love her." I gave my mother a reassuring look. She nodded.

"Umm... however we have recently found out that Aurora and I met a few years ago." I informed them. My parents gave me a questioning look. I cleared my throat and added, looking at my mother. "At the Halloween party four years ago." My mother furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "When she came back for a holiday while she studied at the university." I added, looking at my mother nervously.

My mother gasped, covering her mouth with her hand as her eyes widened. "Are you Luke's father?" She asked, shocked.

I nodded. "Yes, he is my son."

"What the hell is going on here?" My father asked angrily as he stood up abruptly.

I took a deep breath and started explaining. With my every word, my father's expression hardened more and more.

"You too?! Perfect, just perfect!" My father exclaimed in frustration, placing his hands on his hips. "I cannot believe it. Hopefully, I don't have another son who would introduce to us a secret child too." He commented sardonically. "I always thought that the bastard husband of my daughter would surprise me like this." He rolled his eyes, annoyed. "But my sons are worse than that bastard, Romeo. At least he made me a grandpa after getting married to my daughter not like my sons who bring a few years old boys telling us that they have already had a child." My father added angrily and traveled his gaze from me to Troy and vice versa.

I bit my lower lip, rubbing the back of my neck as my brother and I look at each other uneasily.

"Aspen, calm down, please." My mother told my father, resting her hand on his arm as she approached him.

"How?! This is twice. Before Troy who I trusted and never expected such a thing from him and now Liam... well, I am not so surprised about Liam if I tell the truth, but...." He stated, irritated and gave me a dirty look.

I rolled my eyes, clenching my fist. "Dad!"

"What?! At least, it is one child... for now." My father commented sarcastically.

"Dad!"

He gave me an intimidating look and heaved a loud sigh.

"Dad, yes, we know it isn't easy to hear..." Troy intervened, taking a few steps towards me.