Chapter 39 - Just you

Liam's POV

"You have to give me information about her." The detective demanded in an authoritative tone.

"Alright. Please find my son." I nodded and pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up.

"We will, Mr. Anderson." The detective gave me a compassionate look.

Once the police got information about Avery, they left, warning me not to do anything without informing them.

"Let's go to the mansion." My mother suggested, looking at Gabriella and Aurora.

"No, I won't go anywhere. Maybe, they will bring Luke back." Aurora shook her head, holding Luke's car in her hand.

I sighed, approaching her, and bent down in front of her, resting my hand on top of her hand.

"They won't bring Luke here before Avery gets what she wants. So there is no meaning to stay here. Moreover, it is dangerous. Maybe, she will back after you." My father commented firmly, looking at Aurora.

"Dad is right, Aurora. I will be safer if you stay at my parents' place. The security guards will take care of your safety." I said softly. "I promise. I will bring Luke back, but we need to be careful. I can't bear if she hurts you." I added, caressing her cheek tenderly.

"They are right, honey." Gabriella agreed. "If that crazy is in love with Liam, she will try to hurt you."

Aurora sighed. "Fine, but bring my son back, please." She pleaded, crying while looking at me.

"I promise, angel." I gave her a reassuring smile as I straightened and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Let's go." I suggested and helped Aurora to stand up.

"I will pack a few clothes for us." Gabriella informed Aurora and went upstairs.

***

After talking to my father in his study room, I went upstairs to check Aurora. I opened the door quietly, trying not to wake her up, and tiptoed into my bedroom.

"I thought you were sleeping." I told my girlfriend softly as I noticed she was awake.

"I couldn't fall asleep." She said sadly, wiping her tears off her cheeks as she leaned against the headboard.

I sighed as I approached the bed and lied down beside her on the bed. Then I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into my chest.

"Luke will be with us soon. Don't worry. I promise I will bring him back." I stated, determined and placed a soft kiss on her hair.

"I miss him so much." She admitted gloomily, sobbing.

"I miss him too." I confessed, caressing her hair tenderly, and pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up.

***

I was sipping my whiskey absently and checking my phone time to time despite the fact it wasn't on silent mood. It was evening, but we hadn't hear anything from Avery. The police couldn't find where she was either. They even questioned her father, but he told them he couldn't reach his daughter as well.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I instantly grabbed my phone, putting my glass down on the coffee table. Meanwhile, everyone's attention was focused on me. I took a deep breath and opened the message. It was from a different number.

'If you want your son back, come to the address which I will send you. And no police! Otherwise, I will kill your bastard.'

I clenched my fist angrily while reading the message. Then my phone buzzed again. This time she sent me a location.