Chapter 40 - The art of love

Liam's POV

I caressed my son's hair gently as I wrapped my arm around Aurora's waist. She gave me a warm smile and leaned against me while holding Luke in her arms.

When we heard Avery's voice coming from the living room, Aurora pulled back and asked me to take Luke.

"Aurora, no need. She will pay for what she has done." I said, concerned, trying to stop her as I guessed what she wanted to do, but she didn't listen to me and rushed into the living room. I followed her in quick steps, feeling worried for her while holding my son in my arms protectively.

As soon as Aurora approached Avery and two policemen, she slapped Avery. "How dare you kidnap my son!" She exclaimed angrily and tried to slap her again, but the police stopped her.

I placed my hand on the back of my son's head, pressing him against me, not letting him to see what was going on. I didn't want him to get scared more. The last few days must affect him badly.

"Bitch! I will kill you next time and save Liam from a gold digger like you. Liam is mine. He will be only mine." Avery snapped furiously while trying to get rid of the policemen's grip and hit Aurora, but they held her arms tightly.

"Only in your dreams, Avery. I will never be yours. I loathe you. Stay away from my family and me." I stated firmly, giving her a death glare as I wrapped my arm around Aurora's shoulder and pulled her away from this bitch while Avery was struggling, trying to attack my girlfriend.

"Take her out!" The detective ordered, intervening. The policemen dragged Avery away while she was cursing at Aurora.

Once we left the house, Aurora put Luke in the back seat of my car. When she wanted to get in the car too, I grabbed her wrist stopping her. She gave me a questioning look as she turned towards me.

"I am sorry for what you had to endure when I was with her." I gave her an apologetic look.

She gave me a tender look and caressed my cheek. "It wasn't your fault. You did it to save our son." She commented softly and placed a soft kiss on my lips. "However... If I should tell you the truth, I can't say it was so easy for me despite the fact I knew why you were there. I was holding myself not to barge in and punch her in the face. It is unbearable to see another woman with you." She confessed sincerely and sighed, ruffling her hair.

"I love you, sugar. You are my only one. I am not interested in another woman." I confessed honestly and hugged my woman in my arms tightly, breathing in her scent.

"I love you too." She hugged me back, burying her head into the hollow of my neck.

A few months later

Aurora's POV

"Liam? Are you home?" I called my boyfriend as I walked into his penthouse. Liam told me to meet up here before going to have dinner together. He was going to come home as soon as he finishes his work at their family company.

He was working on a project with his brother. Because of it, he had been so busy the last few weeks. So we couldn't spend time together properly.

When I walked into the living room, I saw a big white box on the coffee table. I furrowed my eyebrows confusion and approached it. There was a note, where my name was written, on top of the box. I grabbed the note and opened it.

'I look forward to seeing you in this dress.'

I smiled happily, untying the bow, and opened the box after placing the note on the coffee table. There was a red silk dress with a side split. When I took the dress, I noticed another note under it in the box. I placed the dress on the couch carefully and grabbed the note.

'There is something waiting for you in the bedroom.'

I smiled, amused, enjoying this treasure hunt, and went to the bedroom, excited. When I walked into the bedroom, I saw two smaller boxes than the box in the living room in the bed. I approached it and saw a note on top of the Louboutin box.

'Cinderella without shoes? It is unacceptable.'

I chuckled, amused and opened the box. There were gold stiletto sandals inside the box. They looked stunning. Then I put them back in their box and opened another box. Inside the box was a matching gold Dior bag. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. All of these gifts were so beautiful, and they were totally my style. Liam always knew what I liked.

"Another one?" I mumbled, raising my eyebrow as I saw another note inside the Dior box.

'There is another gift as well, but I plan to give you it myself. So for getting your gift, you have to join to your handsome prince as soon as possible. A carriage is waiting for you in front of the building.'

When I got ready and left the building, a limousine was waiting for me. The driver greeted me politely and opened the door for me.

***

I looked through the window in confusion as the driver parked the limousine in front of the art gallery where took place Liam's first art exhibition.

Once I walked into the gallery, I saw Liam in front of the three canvases which were covered. He looked devilishly handsome in his black tuxedo.

"You are breathtaking." He commented huskily and roamed my body from head to toe, full of desire in his eyes.

"Thank you. You aren't bad yourself." I winked at him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Thank you for the gifts. They are beautiful."

"All pleasure is mine." He said hoarsely and bit his lower lip seductively as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"Are you planning another exhibition?" I asked curiously, gesturing to the canvasses.

"We can say like that, but it is private." He replied mischievously as he held my hand and led me towards the first canvas. "Open it." He told me in excitement as we stood in front of the canvas.

I nodded, giving him a warm smile, and pulled the cover away.

"Liam..." I gasped in surprise as I looked at the canvas. It was Liam and me when we met for the first time at the Halloween party.

"I wanted to memorize the day when I met the most beautiful girl in the world." Liam commented warmly, full of love and affection in his voice.

"Liam... It is so beautiful." I said in awe and hugged him.

"Now the other one." He commented, rubbing the back of his neck nervously and gestured to the second canvas as he pulled back.

I nodded in excitement as we approached the other canvas. When I pulled the cover away, my eyes widened in surprise. It was Liam and I in the clothes which we were wearing now while he was on one knee, holding a velvet box in this hand; inside the box was a diamond ring. Moreover, we were in this art gallery in the painting.

"Liam..." I mumbled, dumbfounded and turned towards him.

My jaw dropped when I saw him kneeling down on one knee while holding a velvet box in his hand like he drew us in the painting. There was a diamond ring in the box, shining brightly.

"Liam..." I murmured emotionally without knowing what to say as my eyes welled up.

"A few years ago, I met the most gorgeous witch who put spell on me in spite of the fact that I was so powerful Greek god who wouldn't get bewitched easily." He said mischievously and winked at me, making me giggle. "And after that day, I couldn't get her out of my mind. Despite the fact, I went the same place where I saw her again and again, I wasn't able to find my witch. However, after years, our paths crossed again. Now I don't plan to let my little witch run away from me. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. So I want to ask her the question I will ask just her... Will you marry your Greek god, my beautiful witch?" He asked, giving me a charming smile.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I exclaimed happily while tears ran down my cheeks.

He gave me a wide grin and put the ring on my finger. Then he straightened quickly and smashed his lips against mine.

"I love you, my witch." He confessed while holding me in his arms.

"I love you too, my Greek god. I am lucky to meet you." I admitted honestly and kissed him tenderly.