Chapter 20 - The playboy in love

Liam's POV

As soon as I got in my car, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my agent.

"I accept the Paris deal. I will sign the contract tomorrow morning." I informed Eddie as soon as he picked up the phone.

***

After signing the contract and talking about the arrangements, I left the agency. Eddie booked me a flight to Paris. I was going to stay there for a few years and was going to be represented by the most famous modeling agency in Paris.

When I received this offer, I didn't accept it because I didn't want to leave Aurora; a long distance relationship wasn't for me. I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend together, create different memories, see her, kiss her, touch her when I wanted and so on. However, everything had changed. I screwed up everything. Now I didn't have any chance with Aurora. I lost her forever.

As soon as I got in my car, I started the engine and went to see Kayden. Later, I was going to visit my parents to inform them about my decision.

When I arrived in my parents' mansion, my sister, her husband and their newborn daughter were here.

I was caressing my niece's chubby hand while she was sleeping in my arms peacefully after dinner. Meanwhile, Sienna and Romeo were chatting in the garden, and my father was talking to Troy on the phone about work while sitting in the armchair beside the fireplace.

"Is she sleeping?" My mother asked in low tone as she approached us.

"Yes." I whispered and looked at Amber tenderly.

"How is Nicole?" She asked as she sat down beside me on the couch.

"Fine." I replied, puzzled.

"You looked cute together at the charity gala." My mother commented, giving me a knowing look.

I sighed as I understood what she was implying. "We are just friends, Mom." I clarified.

"But you suit each other. And Nicole is a nice girl."

"There is nothing between us." I stated firmly. I cleared my throat, pausing. "I came here to tell you something important. I... I am going to Paris in two days." I informed her.

"How long will you stay there?" She asked curiously.

"I don't know yet. Probably, a few years."

"What?!" My mother exclaimed in shock, getting my father's attention. He hang up the phone and approached us worriedly.

"What does it mean you will stay in Paris for a few years?" My mother asked angrily.

"What?" My father asked, puzzled, raising his eyebrow.

"Mom, you will wake up Amber." I reminded her, gesturing to my niece and sighed. "I signed a contract with a modeling agency in Paris. They work with the most famous brands. It will be good for my career."

"You can travel when you want. After finishing your work there, you can come back. You don't have to stay there for a few years." My mother commented and shook her head in disbelief.

"I will be difficult for me, and my schedule will be busy there. So it is the best decision." I said calmly.

"Liam, it is a serious decision." My father stated firmly.

"I know, Dad. I thought a lot before accepting it." I gave him a reassuring look. "And I will often visit you. I will be here at Troy's wedding as well." I added and traveled my gaze from my father to my mother.

My father breathed deeply. "Fine, but be careful there and don't get yourself into trouble."

"I will be careful, Dad. Don't worry." I assured him.