Chapter 14 - Resistance

Liam's POV

I stretched out and opened my eyes happily, thinking about last night. It was one of my favorite nights. The night of full passion.

I frowned and sat up on the bed as I didn't see Aurora beside me in the bed. When I looked for her clothes on the floor, all her clothes were gone; there were just my clothes scattered around the room.

I clenched my fist, annoyed as I understood she sneaked out.

Darn it!

It was the second time when a woman had left before I woke up after a passionate night with me. First my witch, now Aurora. It was a fucking irritating feeling; I felt used...

Like the women you left the following morning after sleeping with them, Liam.

Don't start with karma, Liam.

I frowned and got up, pulling the cover away. I picked up my scattered clothes one by one and put on my boxers.

My eyes widened as I suddenly remembered that I forgot to use a condom.

"Shit!" I exclaimed nervously and ran my hand through my disheveled hair. "Was she on pills?" I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck anxiously. "I have to talk to her. If I knock up her, she will kill me. On the other hand, she has to give me an explanation that why she sneaked out." I heaved a loud sigh and started putting on my clothes quickly.

Once I reached her suite, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Good morning." I greeted her warmly as Aurora opened the door.

"Morning." She mumbled nonchalantly.

"May I come in?" I asked as she didn't invite me in. 'We have to talk." I added firmly.

"There is nothing to talk about, Liam." She stated dryly.

I gritted my teeth in irritation. "Are you sure?" I asked mockingly. "If you want, we can talk here. I wouldn't mind if someone heard about our passionate night." I added arrogantly.

She gave me a dirty look and stepped aside, letting me walk in.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked nonchalantly, folding her arms over her chest after closing the door.

I pursed my lips together and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "Umm... I was caught up in the moment and forgot to use con..."

"I took the morning-after pill." She informed me, cutting me off.

"Oh..." I nodded. 

"If it is all, you may leave now." She commented dryly.

I frowned, annoyed. I didn't understand her attitude towards me. She was getting on my nerves.

Did she regret what happened between us?

"No, it isn't. Why did you leave without waiting for me to wake up?" I asked firmly.

"Because I wanted to avoid unnecessary conversation. Last night we were drunk, and made a mistake." Aurora replied with a stoic expression on her face.

"I don't think it was a mistake." I objected confidently. She looked at me, surprised. I sighed and approached her. "I like you, Aurora. How many times do I have to say it to make you believe me?" I asked, cupping her cheek.

"Liam..." She heaved a loud sigh and pulled back.  "You and I... it is impossible. I am your mother's assistant." She added sadly.

"And? Are you afraid of my mother's reaction?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "My mother doesn't intervene in my relationships, and she won't be against our relationship because you are her employee." I assured her and gave her a warm smile.