Epilogue

The longest chapter of this book, also the most emotional one atleast to me (;

2 years leap

Sidhant pov

"chachuuuuuu bachaooooo" I heard my 2 year old nephew whisper yelling at me.

" Ab kya kiya tune bhai ?" ( what have you done, now? ) , I asked him, knowing very well that he had gotten himself in trouble yet again, I still don't get it,how can this little man get himself in trouble every minute...

" chachuu woh, I was playing ball in room, ball hit ma's new vase, and it broke.... ma will scold chachu... plsss helpp.... app mere favo..fae.. ahaa favourite chachu ho na.. pls.." he told me with those puppy eyes which were filled with tears...

I knelt down before him pulling the little bundle towards me," Did you hurt yourself?" I asked concerned, inspecting him in the process. " No, chachuuuu abb help na please ."

Before I could reply to him, I heard footsteps and swiftly asked my champ to hide in his usual spot. Ya usual, this is every other day event in our lives.

"Sid, tum.."bhabhi abruptly stopped and lovingly ruffled my hair, I very well knew what those gestures meant. It's been two years since that day two years since she left.

" ohh I completely forgot your brother was calling you.. ya, here he is," Bhabhi said and left as bhai came beside me.

" Aur haan Sid tell your lovely nephew that he is banned from ice creams and toys for a week and you his lovely uncle will clean the room and also replace my vase" Bhabhi sassed and walked further, bhai laughed at us and I looked at junior helplessly, he sighed and came out of his hiding in response.

" What did you guys do now? You know what, forget it. Acha khasa mera payara biwi tha tum dono ne milkar hitler banadiya hain use"( I had a loving wife both you have made her a hitler now )

" Ji apne kuch bola," Bhabhi yelled a bit from where she was standing. Bhai quickly grimed at that, and both of us yelled at the same time

" kuch nahi jaan,"

" Bhabhi, he called you hitler." bhai glared, and I shrugged my shoulders, but both of us whinnied as she spoke her next words.

" You both are having pumpkins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week, and you, Mr Mathur, come to room dikhathi hoon mein apni hitlergiri."

With that, bhai went behind Bhabhi to cajole her, and I took my car keys and went out.

On the way,I couldn't help but reminisce about the happenings of that day .

The Past

Tugging Ruhaani to sleep , I left home numb...

It was a lot to consume in a day that for a few minutes I felt numb, could not process anything, all I could see was her helpless face. And when, after a few minutes, everything started to process, all I wanted to do was kill myself in the worst way possible. The guilt was killing me, but what hurt me more was her past... it is rightly said that Hell Bornes upon you when your loved one goes through one.

The constant thought of what if's pondering on me but alas It's not in me to go back in past and mend my mistakes believe me if I could I would have done that at any cost...

With those ragging thoughts, my car took a pause near to a familiar ground. It was here that all started a start of new friendship... it was here that I promised to be her friend, and yet again, here I am as a failed friend, a failed husband, a failed lover...

it was drop by drop soon my eyes welled up, I cried, cried my heart for her, for us...

The one thing that I didn't want to experience in life was regret, and here I am deep in the pool of regret.