Chapter-28 The Deal

Not edited

Happy reading !

Siddhant Pov 

 I rushed out;  informing Steve, my PA, to cancel and re- schedule today's meetings. I fetched my car keys and started off the engine. All the while having numerous thoughts on the matter and the most prominent one among them was that I shouldn't be right. Yes, it's true for the first time in my life. I don't want my speculations to be true.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of my car and soon reached Shekar.

" Sir, as I have told you, my group has collected all the info on him. Let's get to the office room,"  I just gave him a meek node.

Ruhi Pov

" Thank you so much, Akshay. If not for you, nothing would have been possible!"

" Well, can't I do that for my evergreen crush !" Akshay replied with a teasing smile.

" Ha ha, very funny! You do remember right, I am married."

" Oh God, how can anyone forget your possessive husband's face."

" Possessive!"

" Don't tell me you have not noticed that, the way he was holding you, and the way he wanted to strangle us, all showed how possessive he is of you !"  Is he just teasing me? How could Siddhant be possessive about me!

" Well, do tell your hubby that I envy him...." This fellow will never stop.

" Oh, and even I feel pity for someone who had been falling for you so badly!" There, I blurted it out.

Akshay looked pretty serious on that. It seems like Sneha has actually pulled up some courage and confessed her feelings for him. She had always liked him since our first year, and slowly, it changed into love, but Akshay had a crush on me, and things got a bit tangled!

Seems like even the fashionista cum cupid maker needs some arrows to be pulled for her happy ending...

" About that..." sensing his hesitant form, I cut him off!

" I don't think you are answerable to me! Figure it out Akshay, life is too short for complications, enjoy these moments with someone special to you !" when did I start giving such advises!

He gave me a warm smile...

" This was the reason why I liked you !"

" Ok then, byee... hope I could attend a wedding pretty soon !" I winked at him and left off to work.

Finally at peace! 

Breathing the air of relief, I brought life into my car! and rode off to my office. All the while the words spoken by Akshay regarding Siddhant never left me...

Siddhant's Pov

My phone started ringing yet again. I looked at the caller ID and immediately cut the call.  I am hell confused and irritated.

Why? Why is it that when ever I get close to her, I am forced to take step backwards. Why ?

Why? is it soo difficult to accept the reality. Why am I not able to come in terms with it? Why?

Why? Why ? Why?

urgghhhhhhh.......

I took a long a breath. Again my phone rang. Seems like silence doesn't work always!

 I took up the call, before the person  could speak up, I yelled.

" WHY THE HELL DON'T YO UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN A PERSON IS NOT TAKING UP THE CALL THAT MEANS, THEY AIN'T INTEREST TO CONVERSE WITH YOU."