CHAPTER - 3 AN UNEXPECTED CALL

AUTHORS POV

The Fortuner took its first stop at Sanjeevani medical care, at the entrance stood a man impatiently waiting for someone, out of  hush and rush he spots his little sister who is no more little, a proud mother of two wonderful kids.Yes he has come to accept that long back.

 He didn't have anything against Ruhi instead he did love both Ruhi and Juhi, the contented look on the kid's face whenever he gifted them something was still fresh in his memories. It's very true when they say that it just takes a single decision to change all your relations. He lost the respect and love that his sister once had for him, his brother-in-law who was like a mentor to him and his two beautiful nieces who once tailed behind their chachu was no more. 

The one for whom he sacrificed all of these was never with him, the love of his life or that he thought so Preesha his ex-wife. It was to fulfill her greed that he took an action that he never wished for. When he finally felt that he was able to give her a life that she wished for she left him stating that there was nothing between them though now he is a successful businessman, he is all alone and in constant hope to unite his siblings.

 He knew that it was his mistake but he didn't have in him to ask for forgiveness not because of his ego but because of his guilt.

"Ashok" the sudden call brought him out of his trance

"Haan jiju"

He smiled at them which was only returned by the one he never expected to smile at him, Ruhi, but he could read the worry in her eyes and he knew the reason behind those worries and he could only hope that everything goes well.

"Didi has been shifted to room no 543 "

All of them reached to meet the person, Ruhi though hesitated still decided to face this for her mother.

Seema smiled seeing her only family the smile soon turned into a frown seeing Ruhi enter

"Stop I don't want you to visit me even in my death bed, you cursed girl you will spoil everything and everyone that's near you "

Seema said these with full of hatred towards ruhi

Rajeev clenched his fist to control his growing anger

Juhi who was about to respond was stopped by Neelima who wanted some reaction out of ruhi

Ashok was yet again disappointed by his sister's attitude towards his niece but Ruhi's words did surprise him and yet again disappointed Neelima.

"Ji badi ma I will leave, you can have your talk with mama and papa "saying these she gave an expected look at her mother who sighed looking at her.

That was her she never showed her emotions except for her famous smile she could very well mask her feelings that was what she learned from her mother never to show your weakness to your opponent especially when he or she wants to see you broken this proves that you have already won half of the battle.

She left that place but unknown to her someone else followed her.

RUHI POV

I left them alone I didn't want to interrupt mama and badi ma after all she needs them, thank god mama didn't react to whatever she said I know she wanted me to answer back and react to what badi ma spoke but I didn't have the heart to hurt her, after all, she is not well but I don't get why is she always agitated when she sees me and mama papa would never tell me the reason.

I went off to the canteen and got myself a cup of coffee. I wanted to forget all those hatred-filled words. I saw Ashok chachu looking at me longingly, I quickly wiped off a teardrop that left my eyes and gestured him to come and take a seat. He smiled and took the seat opposite to me.