Chapter 26- Maldives Days

happy reading!

Author's Pov

Today is the day , and both Sid and Ruhi are boarding their flight to Maldives. Ruhi decided to keep numb after that incident,she thought it was better this way...

She couldn't handle his hatred as she thought she could. Within this time, Ruhi knew that his hatred for her was not because of the marriage. Maybe it did add fuel to the fire, but it wasn't the main cause. She was still not aware of the main cause.

Right now, she had a lot of things to sort out, and this was her least priority, or she thought to keep it that way.

Sid, unlike he thought actually, was irritated by the way Ruhi treated him. Almost like an invisible person, he was hell confused about why he felt that way... he then decided that it could be because he couldn't extract his revenge from her.

Two of them who got connected and then disconnected with time set upon to start the journey to their destination together. Only destiny knew where it would land them. 

Ruhi pov

Uff... this is soo tiring I am soo sleepy, the flight will take off by 3:30 Am, So we had to reach the airport by 1:00 and I got to sleep just for two hours...

* Yawn* I wish I could get some coffee now with that thought I moved towards the cafe all the way controlling my urge to inquire the person siting before me whether he would like to have any refreshments.

As I neared the cafe, a strong smell of hot chocolate hit me...

And I did the exact same thing which I came here for, well I brought a cup of hot chocolate instead of coffee... Don't give me those stares... Nothing can stop me from chocolate, not even my own sleepy state.

I went back to my place to find my husband giving me those stinky eyes. Just because he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to show those eyes. I acted as if I was least bothered. He went from there and brought himself a cup of coffee.

Soon, we were called and boarded the flight.

As the time of take off came, I clenched my seat tight, and I got this severe ear pain due to pressure variation.

Ughhh, it's paining a lot...

Suddenly I felt something warm in my hands, I looked at my left hand to find his hand above mine as if trying to comfort me, It would be a lie if I say I didn't feel any better, but I refused to speak.

One because of this pain, and two, I know he would make some crap reasons which would either taunt or hurt me.

I then saw a strip of chewing gum extended to me. I took it and started chewing it, and it felt a bit better after that.

Soon, I got adjusted to it, and maybe it's my already sleepy state or the hot chocolate, I instantly felt sleepy and tried to sleep. Though I was not comfortable but I guess I was too sleepy. Slowly, my eyes closed.

Siddhant Pov

I slowly woke up as I heard the announcement of landing off. A yawn left my mouth, and I looked towards my right to find her cuddling my arms and sleeping peacefully resting her head on my shoulders. I could feel a sense of pride as I looked towards her. I felt like protecting her from everything at that instant. 

A few strands of her hair covered her face. I quickly let my fingers tug those strands.She looks just like small babies with those slight drools on her face. My hands slowly moved towards her cheeks, It's so soft...

Wish I could feel them with my lips... Wait, what am I even thinking?

I think lack of sleep is indeed getting to my head, I quickly patted her cheeks.