Chapter|2

Warning: Noncon up ahead!

The room was a testament to his disarrayed mind. A chaotic display of past and future needs. The bed was the main space hogger, currently tidily done, creating an illusion of order with its neat bed covers and nicely arranged pillows. Above it was a secured roof that hang an array of fairy lights illuminating the favorite band as well as future destinations that hung on the wall right next to the bed.

Tossing and turning on the bed was Pete who couldn't bring himself to sleep. After a hard day's work at the restaurant, he was very much exhausted and drained of all his energy. The club wasn't coming on tonight because he quit due to last night's incident. He needed money but certainly wouldn't let pigs mess with him.

Beep beep

Pete stretched his hand across the bed to pick up the cell phone but ended up dropping it in an instant as a result of what he read.

Your debt of 1 million baht has been paid.

He picked it up to confirm and immediately jumped off the bed. He held onto the phone with shaky hands, his already wide eyes growing into big circles, blinking repeatedly in shock. He was frozen, his body completely rooted to the spot.

He composed himself seconds later to confirm.

"Hello, did you say my debt has been cleared?

"You no longer owe us." The call dropped before Pete could say anything else or ask who paid his debt.

His hands flew to his chest, goosebumps totally taking over. Time seemed to be slowing down as he was not able to comprehend what was happening. Shock was totally an understatement of what he was feeling at the moment.

Ruminating thoughts plagued his mind, brainstorming who could have paid off such a huge debt. His attempts seemed futile because he couldn't make out anyone who would do this.

Just then, a knock came at his door. He slowly made his way over to open it and on doing so, he was met with his next-door neighbor who was also his friend.

"Jew, what are you doing here?" Pete asked in a low tone. He still hadn't recovered from the shock.

"Oh my God, you look pale! What happened?" He invited himself in and proceeds to check Pete all over.

"Someone paid my debt." That was all Pete could say. He plopped onto the floor, hugging his legs to his chest, tears welling up in his eyes in an instant.

He needed to know who helped him and the reason behind it. He should be happy but he wasn't because he had no idea where the money came from.

"You're kidding me, right? Who would pay such a huge amount?"

"No idea," Pete replied, still tightly hugging his legs.

"You need to calm down, Pete. I'm sure whoever cleared the debt will show up sooner or later." He brought his hand up to pat Pete on the shoulder.

"You think so?" Pete asked.

"Definitely."

A knock on the door distracted the two from their conversation. Pete got to his feet and walked to the door. He turned the hinge slowly, the door revealed someone he never expected to see or meet anymore.

Vegas stood in all his glory, dressed in black sleeves and jeans, his hair neatly strick back with a smile playing at his lips. Pete just had two surprises in one night but the latter was more shocking.

"Hey, Pete?" Vegas greeted in his deepest voice, staring amusingly at the shocked young man.

Pete wiped his eyes, trying to confirm he was seeing real and not seeing a ghost. "Ve-Vegas?"