Chapter|10

Warning: Violence up ahead. Descriptive torture scene so tread with caution.

A month later

At the training grounds which echoed loud cheers throughout the whole minor family territory was Pete Saengthem Pongsakorn. A surge of energy rushed through him as he was effortlessly taking down the guards. Staying in his room all day made him bored out of his mind so he decided to get a breather. That was how he got to the training grounds.

A month of training with Vegas has really paid off. Never in his life had he imagined himself taking down men bigger than himself.

"Get up and fight me," Pete ordered the guard who fell from the kick he received earlier.

"Boss Pete, you look quite energetic today." The guard groaned in pain.

Pete scoffed as he scanned through the guards and spotted one he would like to take on as his next opponent. "You." He pointed to the guard. "You're fighting me next."

The guard smirked and made his way over to Pete. He was very sure Pete wouldn't take him down. He's trained for only a month so he could definitely take down the boss's wife. Pete could sense the arrogance in the guy's eyes and wouldn't mind beating it out of him. For some reason, Pete did not like this guard. The look in his eyes was different from the other guards. What's up with him?

The guard rushed towards Pete and swung a powerful fist with his right hand. Pete met him halfway and lashed out his own right hand. His punch was faster and it caught the guard in a flush. The guard took the hit on the mouth and spat out blood. Seeing this, he caught Pete and hauled him into the ground with such force that a loud thud could be heard.

Pete rolled over like a cat, gasping for breath. He rolled further away as the guard attempted to stomp his boot on his chest. Pete couldn't do away with the strange feeling of something being awfully wrong with this particular guard. He could see right through him.

Pete got himself off the ground and scrambled to his feet. The guard lunged forward in an attempt to hit a fatal point but Pete swiftly hit him with two swings to the head. The guard's skull was rolling in pain and dizziness.

Everyone was cheering as the fight was really an interesting one but Pete wasn't seeing it as such.

Macau stood far off with Joey, observing the fight. "Joey," Macau called. "Go inside and call my brother." He ordered.

"Why should I? I'm enjoying seeing Pete fight." Joey huffed.

"Call him now!" Macau yelled with authority which startled his friend.

"Alright, I'm off, jeez!" Joey glared at his friend and run off.

Vegas sat in his office, swelling a glass of whiskey in his hand at a calculating pace as he listened to Pun talk about business.

"The area is slated for redevelopment and it's our chance to buy it off. There's a lot we can make out of it when the time is due. But there's one difficulty we might encounter." Pun announced.

"What difficulty? Let's just buy it off." Vegas mumbled.

"We're not the only ones who are interested in that property. Lots of gangs and underground organizations want it too. Amongst them is your mortal enemy, Ajan Thittiwat." Pun scanned Vegas' face.