Chapter|18

Ya'll made me write up this chapter earlier than planned because I had nightmares in my sleep and it was you guys bugging me! Not fair!

Daddy Alessio Genovese is at the top of the chapter. Scan him into memory because Daddy is an awful lot important to the story from here onward.

Italics in the chapter is for when English is spoken.

~~~~~

Pete was seated with his face buried in his hands as he experienced waves of intense and difficult emotions, ranging from profound sadness, emptiness, and despair to shock, numbness, guilt, and regret.

He was raging at what happened to his love. Sad he had to watch Vegas suffer in his arms, guilty he shouldn't have left home in the first place, regret because he couldn't do anything to prevent his lover from going through so much pain.

"I'm so sorry, Vegas."

13 hours ago

"Crying will not solve this and magically bring him back but rather make you feel worse." The man spoke in English but his words were laced with a heavy Italian accent. There was no doubt this man was Italian.

Pete looked up while hugging Vegas to his chest, having no idea of what to say or do. He only needed his man to open his eyes.

"I'm Alessio Genovese." The Italian muttered still in English. "Now get yourself off the ground."

Pete was in a state of confusion. He hugged Vegas tightly as if he would disappear if he didn't. He kept shaking his head constantly at the stranger.

"Don't take him away from me." He cried.

Alessio creased his brow, staring at the sight before him. One look and he could figure out the deep bond between the two. Pete was quite pitiful because he was confused and couldn't even think of the right place to take his man.

The Italian took Vegas' hand and after some seconds, breathed a sigh of relief but...

"Don't touch him! Only I can do so! Get your hands off my man!" Pete screamed at the Italian and he was taken aback.

Pete needed to be brought back to his senses and he was there to do that. Alessio grabbed Pete's jaw hard with his hand and shook him to look him in the eyes.

"Calm the fuck down or this man dies!"

Pete was silent after that and he looked at the Italian. "You can save Vegas? Please save him but don't touch him!" He sobbed still tightly holding on to Vegas.

Pete wasn't making any sense and Alessio took in deep breaths so he wouldn't lose his temper. He was trying hard to act sane and not scare Pete who was already broken. "Listen, your man still has his pulse and if we make it in time, he might survive so please allow us to touch him."

Pete looked up at the Italian as his words were finally getting to him. "You want to hold him? But he hates others touching him." His gaze traveled to an unconscious Vegas. "Can he touch you, my love?"

"Yes, I want to and you'd have to let go first so I can do that," Alessio muttered calmly and this time, Pete loosened his grip on his lover.