Chapter|13

Quite a lengthy chapter, I hope you enjoy! If there are typos, please overlook them. Will edit this later.

~~~~~

Warning: Mature 18+

His eyes were clouded by darkness even though the sun was brightly kissing the face of the earth. He tried to take off the blindfold covering his eyes but was stopped by Vegas. Pete kept wondering where the mafia was taking him but Vegas was bent on not telling him. He's been very anxious all day yet, Vegas did not want to let him in on whatever he had planned.

"Vegas, is the blindfold really necessary? I can't see a thing!" Pete yelled frustratingly.

Vegas grinned. "Told you to stay still. We're almost there, hm?"

"If we're not there in 5 minutes I'm taking this darn thing off my face," Pete said with all seriousness.

Vegas chuckled and leaned more into his seat. He sat in the back with Pete while a guard drove them to their destination. He couldn't help himself whenever Pete growled at him. To him, it was a cute sight to behold.

After what felt like forever, the duo arrived at their destination, and Pete let out a sigh of relief. Vegas made his way out of the car and walked around to the other side to open the door for Pete. He was being a gentleman for the first time in his life.

"Come out now," he announced and helped Pete out of the car.

Vegas looked around and couldn't believe five years had already gone by. He slowly took the blindfold off of Pete's face and the latter blinked continuously, trying to adjust to the brightness.

Pete gasped and his eyes went wide at the realization of where they were. "Vegas, this place... where we..." He stammered and looked around in surprise. "How are we here?" Memories were suddenly rushing back to him.

"You little piece of shit! Get off the bridge!"

"Did you just call me a piece of shit?"

"Yes, I did. Are you going to kill me with your toy gun? Get off the bridge."

"You got some nerve."

"Pete?" Vegas called. "Pete? What are you thinking about." Vegas finally brought Pete out of the daze he was in.

"Uhh... I'm sorry, it's just that this place suddenly brought back memories."

"It did? I hope they were good ones?" Vegas asked after pulling Pete closer to him.

Pete shook his head. "This is the place you tried to..."

"End my life?" Vegas laughed lightly. "You know I was only getting a breather. You figured that out when we reunited, remember?"

"You're just a crazy bastard who deceived me," Pete mumbled.

Vegas took ahold of Pete's hands before answering. "That day, you proposed to be friends just so I wouldn't think of killing myself right?" Pete nods and the mafia continued. "Truth is, I've never really had anyone care about me since growing up. My father never cared, never loved me. Most of the time called me a monster and locked me up in the cold basement for days. Honestly, his constant abuse played a huge role in my life."

Pete's jaw dropped upon hearing this but decided to let Vegas finish before he said anything.

"I was twisted and I knew this fact. I didn't have empathy. I never cared about anyone or their feelings but the very day I laid my eyes on you, I felt different. I wasn't sure at the time what it was but you picked my fancy. As twisted as I was, I thought it was my usual desire to own something. The urge to possess you was very strong and I had to cave into your request just so I could get what I wanted."