8- Breaking down

ah yes don't we all love angst lmao(dw theres a wholesome ending)
i wrote this while listenin to the very cool playlist above
you should listen to it too!
anyways hope u like this
reminders!
  ~(W/n) means Wanderer's name (the name you gave him <3).
  ~point out any grammatical errors i made (it makes my job easier, i hate proofreading :3)
  ~idk prolly cringe

TW! (slight mentions of suicide)

--------------------------------------

It was a dark night. The full moon is shining brighly above. I remember camping by a tree for the night with (W/n).

Ah yes, I passed out not long after resting my back on a tree. I was exhausted.

It took me a while to get my eyes open.

I could feel a weight on my hand. "What's holding my hand so tight?"

I heard someone crying.

Looking over to my left, and saw him lying next to me, asleep on the grass... crying?

It was a terrible sight. His face was stained with tears and he wore an expression full of sadness and guilt.

"Ah, so he still sheds tears in his dreams."

I didn't know what to do. He was crying his eyes out. "Could it be a nightmare?"

"Hey... wake up!"

I tried to shake him awake, but it lead to no avail.

"(W/N)! Wake up!!"

Upon hearing his name, he opened his eyes, and jolted up. He was gasping for air, still holding my hand tighter than ever. All I could do was watch him cry more.

I couldn't bare seeing him like this.

"(W/n).. what's wrong?"

He looked over to me, with tear-filled eyes.

"They... they died because of me- they didnt betray- me and- I-"

He was still half-asleep, dreaming of events of the past. I could see him choke on his tears, sobbing, and wailing.

I scooted closer to him, and with the free hand he was not holding, I pulled his head to my shoulder, and he instantly placed it there, and snuggled up immediately.

It looked as though he was starved of physical contact, he let go of my hand, and wrapped both of his arms around your waist, tightly. It was almost suffocating, he was trembling, gasping for air every few seconds.

"I'm sorry- I- I didn't mean to- please-" he wailed. "P-pl-ease- don't go- I- didn't want-"

I stroked his hair with with one hand, rubbed his back with the other.

"It'll be okay, (W/n). I'm here,"

"But I-"

"Shhh.. it's alright."

He squeezed me harder, but he calmed down.

"Please don't- go-"

"I won't. I'm staying right here. I'm not going anywhere."

"(Y/n)- i'm sorr-"

"Everything will be alright, (W/n)."

Upon hearing the name I gave him, he finally woke up from his nightmare.

He realized he was trapped in my arms now, he started crying on my shoulder quietly, gasping for air occasionally.

He whispered, "(Y/n).. i'm sorry- I.. I-

...love you."

"I don't get why you still smile at me- even after all that i've done to you. I am undeserving of your attention. I don't even deserve to be in your presence!! Why do you want to give me a chance!? I don't even want to live- Why do you want give me a chance at life? I'm hopeless and I have no worth for all I know-"

I exclaimed,"Don't say that-!"

"...Even though I can't forgive you entirely, I can see all that pain in your heart. You have hope, and you are NOT worthless. Your heart didn't deserve to go through all that. You were stripped away of a good life- and- I want to show you what it's like to live!"

"My.... heart?"

"What it's like to live?"

(W/n)'s POV

"My.... heart?"

"This is what it's like to have a heart?"

"All this pain I feel..."

"I had a heart.. all this time?"

"Your heart feels heavy. You must've had to carry all of those emotions on your own huh?......."

"My heart... carrying... Emotions?"

"It's alright, you can share your sadness with me."

"Why does she want to bear my grief? Why would anyone want that!?"

"Why would I do that..? These emotions are mine to bear."

"But she's right. It feels heavy.. it hurts."

She holds me tighter.

"Because, (W/n), I love you too. Give me all your pain, share it with me, and i'll make them go away."

"She.... what did I do to deserve her?!"

I can feel the lump in my throat coming back. I can feel the tears welling up again. I don't want her to feel the rage and sadness I feel.

"I promise! I'll make them disappear!"

Will she really make them disappear?

Suddenly, I feel like telling her everything.

Is this what it feels like? To share your burdens with someone you love?

...

Till sunrise, I 'shared' all my burdens with (Y/n). She wasn't bothered by it at all. And she was right. This burden I carried, this pain I felt, was a heart. A heart that I filled with sadness.

I feel much better now, though.

After all, i'm not alone anymore.

-----------------

You must have been hungry, my fellow scarabara simps!

Lmao I wrote this yesterday at 1 am and published it but then I realised that there were alot of mistakes in it so I unpublished it and revised it today

anyways, heres a meme for u gigachads

;)