17- Studying

welp, this was the wost month ever 🥰🥰
but my exams are over now, so i'm free :>
(btw, new book's published!! >:)) "To reconcile")
-----

You were sitting at your study table, reading what was at the moment, probably the most boring book in the entirety of Teyvat. You were a student of the Akademiya. Normally, you'd enjoy your field of research, but it's never fun when you're put on a timer, and to add to that, you hated studying whatever the hell this was. Out of all the subjects you applied for, this was the worst. It was mandatory however, so you had no choice. The exam was the next morning and you still felt unsure of youself.

I should sleep, you thought. It was 1 AM but you were too scared of the next day.

After reading a few more lines, a short figure opens the door. It was the puppet boy you met a couple of years ago. Apparently the dendro archon forced him to sit through a few lectures, and thats when he met you.

You asked, "Need something?"

"Hm, no," he replied.

"Then what is it?"

He closed the door behind him and walked up to you.

"You've been studying for too long. Go to sleep."

"But I-"

"Yeah yeah I get it, you're not prepared," he says rolling his eyes. "What're you reading anyway?" He places a hand on the back of your chair, and leans down, squinting his eyes to read. "What the hell is a.. myocardial infarction?"

"It's a heart attack, what else?"

"Yeah, yeah okay. Back to what I was saying, go to sleep, I'll wake you up early so you can study."

"Alright, fine! Let me finish reading this, then I'll go sleep."

He shrugs his shoulders and sits on your bed, crossing his arms. He was watching you intently as you bring your eyes back to the book infront of you.

Without lifting your eyes off the book, you asked him, "what're you still waiting around here for?"

"I'm waiting for you do be done so I can tuck your pretty ass to bed. The last time you said 'I'll just finish reading this,' you stayed up the whole night. You lied to me."

"Oh, uhhh. Right, sorry 'bout that."

You put your head further down into your book, as an attempt to hide your now blushing face. You could feel his eyes pierce into your head from behind. Since he wouldn't let you pull an all-nighter, you finished reading your textbook, and put it aside.

"You done?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, get to bed. It's not good for you humans to stay up this late."

"You sound like my da-"

"You don't have a dad."

You got up from your seat and stretched, shooting him a fake-offended look. He chuckled and said, "What?"

"Screw you," you retorted, getting into bed.

"Whatever, now sleep." He gets up and turns off your lamp.

As he was about to reach for the door, you stop him.

"Hey- wait."

"What now?"

"Stay for the night?" You never liked being alone, and he enjoyed your company, so you and him would have sleepovers sometimes. Today would be no different.

He sighed and replied, "Sure." You moved to the side, giving him space to get in.

He got in and pulled the blankets over you and him. "Happy now?"

"Yeah, very."

You faced over toward him and touched his shoulder with your forehead. "Wow, you're really that lonely?"

"Shut up.." you say, tiredly. The indigo haired boy turned over toward you, and wrapped his arms around you, pushing your head into his chest.

He stroked your head gently, and nuzzled his face into your hair. "Good night, (Y/n)."

---

hhehehehe this was totally not inspired by my exams heheheh🥰🥰🥰