29- Operation (___)

ah yes this chapter was a request by EnderGamer307

be warned, this oneshot is kinda cringe lmao

---

It had been only a few days since you joined a new school, and you had already caught the eye of a particular student, Scaramouche.

Word has it, that he's the meanest, most disagreeable person in the whole damn school. Yet for some reason...

"(Y/n)! Let's go to class together." He yells from behind, while catching up to you.

He wasn't so mean to you...? Why did people say he was so... rude?

Anyway, as the days went by, you and him became close friends. You guys had a small friend group, and often hung out with eachother.

One day...

"Alright, so you're gonna throw the ball at (Y/n)," said Scaramouche to Tartaglia. The two were squatted in the corner at the basketball court, whispering to eachother.

Tartaglia glanced at you, who was sitting on the bleachers chatting with Lumine, then he looked back at Scaramouche. "I dunno dude. Sounds dangerous."

"Yeah, and that's the fun part. When you throw the ball, I'll jump in and catch it before it hits her face."

Tartaglia thought about it for a moment. "Hm... But what about Lumine? She might get mad at me for nearly killing (Y/n)! I just got her number yesterday... After begging for six months..."

Scaramouche dismissed him- "Shut up. Think of it as a way of repaying me for babysitting your stupid brother."

"Hey! Teucer is NOT stupid! He got a B in math! And that's a really good score! Besides, I can just pay you in cash y'kno-"

"I don't wan't your stupid money. And B is for FAILURE. Now will you do this for me or not?"

"I'm still not convinced-"

"I'll tell Lumine you still sleep with stuffed toys."

"OKAY- okay! Let's do this."

---OPERATION BASKETBALL(cringe, i know. eheheh.)---

Scaramouche gave Tartaglia the signal. Tartaglia nods, and somehow pretends to slip and throw the ball straight at your face. You noticed it and flinched, expecting the ball to smash into your face.

Just as Scaramouche was about to jump in and save the day to impress you, Lumine catches the ball with a single hand, as Scaramouche watches, absolutely devastated.

"Woah, that was a close call." She said.

"Yeah... Thanks. Who threw that anyway?" You asked, quite startled.

Lumine scanned the court only to find Tartaglia, standing there awkwardly.

Lumine grolwed, "Oh he's gonna get an earful now..." and went after him, as Scaramouche quietly slipped away in silent defeat.

---OPERATION BASKETBALL: FAILED---

"Okay, time for a new strategy..." thought Scaramouche, who was pondering quietly, in math class. "How do I get her to fall for me...? Childe won't help me now... Lumine hates him."

"Well whatever. He's kinda useless anyway."

Just then, an idea struck him.

"Hehehehehehehehe..... hahahahahahah....."

What's with this dude? Thought most of the class.