23- Tall

hi :3
school started so updates will be slow D:
but i was thinking of focusing on my other book, and i'll only do requests on this one hehe
anyway, ur taller than scara in this oneshot :3
(i didn't proof read this idk)

---

You were a merchant at the Grand Bazaar. For centuries, you collected many treasures and antiques from travelling Teyvat. Eventually, you wanted to bring your long journey to a short break, and sell your things to use the money for a peaceful, settled life in Sumeru. It's not like you could die, so you had all the time in the world to travel every nook and corner of Teyvat. Setteling down for a few 50 years or so wouldn't do much harm, would it? I mean, it's just 50 years...

You were walking to the stall you set up few years ago, probably around six in the morning. You were holding a box containing all sorts of jewels and trinkets. Since there were a lot of customers yesterday, a few of the shelves were empty, and you had to fill them.

As you approached the store, you saw the silhouette of short man, with a particularly large hat... Your store didn't really have a door, it was just a curtain, with locked up shelves and cabinets with a single counter, thus explaining the silhouette.

You were a bit suspicious, what if he broke the locks to the cabinets? You sprinted to the stall, and pulled the curtains open. Upon looking at the man behind it, you sighed in relief. None of the cabinets were opened, the locks still intact, and the man was none other than your friend.

It was (W/n). He was a regular customer. You and him had long conversations everytime he visited. The two of you related a lot, and eventually became close friends. He was older than you by a few years, but hey, you and him were still immortal eh?

"Oh, it's you." You say, with a smile, noticing his hat on the counter.

"Who else would it be?" He says, smirking.

What's funny is, he was so short he had to lift his head up to look at you, so you covered your mouth, trying to hide your laugh.

He notices this, and a scowl quickly emerges on his face.

"What're you laughing at now?!" He says, looking like an angry chihuahua in your eyes.

"Oh nothing," you say with a smirk on your face, placing the box on the counter, and unlocking the cabinets. "Anyways good morning!"

"Yeah, yeah. Morning. I need those vayuda turquoise gemstones." He says, still glaring at you.

"Alright," you say, pulling out a drawer containing the gemstones he wanted. You placed them on the counter, and spoke again:

"How many?"

"Six will do," he says.

You nodded, and placed them in a small wooden box. "Say, what do you need them for? Does that mechanical dinosaur not drop them?"

"No," he answers. "It's a pain to collect, really. I don't want to go through the trouble of fighting that setekh wenut. I'd rather just buy them."

You decide to tease him. "Oh? Is it because your too short?" You say, giggling a bit. The puppet glares at you again.

"You dare insult me? Do you even know what I'm capable of?"

"Capable of being tiny-"

BAM!

He slammed you against the wall, and cornered you, it was still funny though, he still had to look up at you from below there.

"If you say that again, I'll slice your neck."

"I mean if you can reach my neck up here- MFF!"

He covered your mouth with his hand, preventing you from making more short jokes. He had to get on his toes to get his face to reach yours.

"You want to test that?" He asks, his face getting closer to yours.

His free hand moved over to the curtain, and closed it.

You didn't know if he was flirting with you or threatening you at this point, so you just decided to play along with it. You couldn't really say anything, however. He had your mouth shut tightly.

You couldn't feel his breath on your face though, since he's a... puppet, but you could see the blush on his face, somehow. He kept leaning closer almost as if he wanted to kiss you, until he nearly slipped and stepped away in embarassment, allowing you to finally speak now that his hand was no longer blocking your mouth. The moment he let go, you started laughing hysterically.

"Stop laughing you worthless human!" He explains, totally flushed at this point.

You were still giggling, wiping a single tear of laughter off your face. "Oh dear, that's rich coming from someone who can't even reach my face! What were you trying to prove anyway?"

"Oh shut up. I'm leaving."

He throws a bag of mora at you and takes the gems, sliding the curtain aggressively and leaving.

---

the fact that scara was in the vahumana darshan (aetiology) makes me happy ngl :3

like does it have smtg to do with stuff like sociology and history? bc i took up those subjects in school too :3

(again) i'll be focusing on my other book since i'm kinda losing motivation to write here :'D

but feel free to leave requests or ideas! i'll write them gladly :D

HAT GUY OMG

HAT GUY OMG