2. Team of Dimbos

"I hate the beach but I stand

In California with my toes in the sand."

Eiwa's POV

I entered the spaceship. Only a bag on my shoulder and myself, but in blue and 4 feet taller with bright green eyes. I have to admit that I missed my old dark brown ones. The eyes I have now look rather creepy. I looked around the place and found around ten other avatars. One I can recognise as Colonel Quaritch. One of the most highly respected individuals in the RDA. He technically died, but his mind and memories were somehow transferred into an avatar body. Dr Kho was one of the main lab developers and researchers for this project.

"Ah!" he clapped his hands together. "Kho is here. The youngest of our team."

"Hello everyone," I greeted, trying to be polite, breathing in a deep breath to calm myself down. Quaritch may be an idiot in my eyes, but everyone knows he is someone without mercy. One that would kill you without batting an eye. "I'm Eiwa Kho. I look forward to working with all of you." That was a lie, but no one has to know.

They quietly whispered at each other before a girl walked towards me, reaching her hand out initiating a handshake, "Z-dog."

I returned her handshake. "She's cool," I thought.

It was not long after that I realized that she is not. Despite all her friendly facade. She was just as shallow as the rest. In this for the money. Or 'Immortality', as what one of them named Prager said. Na'vi bodies are in fact extremely strong. Compared to humans, they have longer lives too, around 160-180 years. But that does not make them immune to death. It is clear a number of the recoms did not read about them.

I spent the entire way to Pandora looking out of the window or resting my eyes. Though my mind did not stop thinking. As the others were listening to Quaritch's 'motivational' talk about revenge and other childish things, I was planning my escape in my own quiet space. Only moments later did he ruin it.

"Hey kid," Quaritch sat beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You are only here because of your mother. Project Phoenix would not have succeeded without her. So, if you want to stay alive and well, you better obey orders. Don't want another Jake Sully incident to happen." He squeezed my shoulders, "I don't doubt you though. You have a brain, unlike him."

He stood up and walked away. "You'll be disappointed then," I muttered under my breath.

"You know," Zhang suddenly approached and examined me. "You're blue, yet you still look like your mother."

"You know Dr Kho?" I looked up at him.

"Know is an understatement," he smirked, "Glad I finally get to meet you, daughter."

I couldn't help but break into a laugh, "I have no father, and Dr Kho is far from a mother. I really don't care about whatever relationship you had with her." I stood up and left to move to the other side of the spaceship. Dr Kho raised me herself. There was no one else. I'm actually quite grateful that there was no one else. One parent like her is enough to drive me mad. And if it so happens that Zhang is my biological father, I have never been happier that he decides to leave.

"You don't have one, or you just don't know?" he asked as I walked away.

Jeez. He probably thought I was one of those fatherless children who so desperately wants to know who their father is, like those in movies. I turned back to him, "I mean this in the most polite way possible: I don't give a shit if you're my father. For all I know, you could even be lying."

"That's no way to talk to your father–"

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off.

"You little shit." I heard him say.

'Little shit.'

I like that.