23. Eywa & Terra

"'Cause when I lay my head to rest

I hope that it's always next to you."

Third person POV

"Terra," Eywa greeted. "At last we meet again."

Terra inhaled a shaky breath and smiled, "Nice to meet you too, cousin. Your daughter is beautiful. A kind soul too, just like you."

"I could say the same about yours. Thank you for naming her after me," Eywa smiled.

"I was not responsible for that," Terra chuckled.

"So," Eywa started. "What brought you here? After all this time?'

Terra gave her a sad smile, "To apologize."

"What for? None of it is your fault," Eywa told her.

"But they are still my people," Terra admitted.

"You care about them like a mother," Eywa looked at her understandingly. "Yet they mistreat you as if you aren't the one that provided them with life."

"Not everyone is as lucky as you are, Eywa," Terra's eyes were slowly filled with tears. "My time will soon end, so I'm here to apologize before I go."

Eywa smiled, "Well, I accept your apology."

Eiwa woke up from the darkness to find herself surrounded by people, Ronal and Kiri being the first one she saw. Kiri immediately hugged her as she sat back up. Neteyam on the other hand was watching her sister and girlfriend from the other side of the room, feeling both relief and guilt. Eiwa subtly searched for him and gave him a small smile when their eyes met.

"What happened?" she asked.

"We both had a seizure or something, then we fainted," Kiri explained.

"My job here is done," Ronal said as she stood up. "I suggest that you two rest."

Kiri and Eiwa nodded. "Thank you," they chorused.

Neytiri gave them both a hug and a kiss on each of their foreheads, "Thank Eywa. Thank Eywa."

Jake also went by to hug his daughter and patted Eiwa's shoulder before sending her a soft smile. Lo'ak did the same, while Tuk hugged them both immediately when her turn came. Neteyam stayed where he had been standing with that stoic expression.

"Are you not going to give us a hug brother?" Kiri raised a brow. "We could have died, you know."

Neteyam clenched his jaw, before deciding to go out to get some air. Eiwa watched, as she turned her head to Kiri in concern.

"Don't worry about him. He's always like that," Neytiri smiled at Eiwa. "You two rest now. Everyone out. Let them rest."

"Out!" Neytiri repeated more loudly and firmly since no one moved. Jake and Lo'ak was quick to leave, but Tuk stayed behind and held both Eiwa and Kiri's hands. "Tuk," Neytiri warned her.

Tuke slowly let go and walked out with an upset frown on her face.

_____

Eiwa's POV

I couldn't remember anything but I could feel a rather annoying headache. Kiri felt it too, so we both decided to take a nap. Then I dreamt of the same thing as before, but it felt more like a memory now. It was only small bits of it. "Terra." Kiri— No. Someone in Kiri's body called someone in my body that. I do not know any Terra, but I do know that Terra is the Latin name of Earth. Earth. Could it be Mother Earth?

I shook my thoughts away, finding it rather absurd. Kiri was still sleeping and then I remembered Neteyam. I wanted to go after him earlier, though I didn't think I could have done that without everyone noticing. I hope he is alright now.

Quietly, I went out of the cot and began my search for him. I speculate that he will be walking through the path in the forest that he usually walks through when he needs time to calm himself down. The same one he would go on when he can't sleep. He brought me with him once, so I knew where it ended. Which was also the place I decided to wait for him.

After about ten or so minutes, I was about to leave. Perhaps he was somewhere else. But something held me back and I chose to stay a little more while. I did not regret staying.

Neteyam went out from between the trees, causing a rustling noise which grabbed my attention and quickly got up on my feet. "You." He pointed at me and pressed his lips together while his brows furrowed.

I will not deny the fact that I was nervous. His expression was unreadable at that moment. Then he walked towards me and pulled me into his arms. I exhaled a shaky breath in relief while he pulled me even closer. "I should've noticed it faster—" he began.

"What did I say about blaming yourself?" I reminded him.

"Sorry, just please don't let that happen to you again," he whispered before he kissed the top of my head.

I kissed his chest in return, "I won't. Now won't you go and give your sister a hug once she wakes?"