20. Do You Miss It?

"We could stay alone together.

You and me, always forever."

Neteyam's POV

It's quite funny really, how close two can be without knowing much about each other. Eiwa had just told me about the star she came from. The same one Dad is from. I've heard many of his stories, but his version of Earth was much different from Eiwa's.

"Perhaps it's because we were born in different times," she explained as she flashed me a smile. I love her smile. I wanted to tell her that but it didn't feel right to interrupt her.

"Do you miss it?" I asked once she stopped.

"Miss what?"

"The star you came from of course," I rolled my eyes jokingly.

She stayed quiet for a moment before shaking her head. "No."

"Not even a little bit?"

"Maybe a little bit," she admitted. "You don't have cereal here."

"Cereal?"

She nodded, "It's a type of food. They're crunchy and sweet. There are a few salty ones, but it's just not my thing. I don't know who decided to have a seaweed cereal, but it's a big no from me."

"So like chips?" I have heard of chips from Dad. Norm had given us a pack of it once. Or twice. It was one of the best things I've eaten.

"Ooh, yes! That too," Eiwa beamed. "But I miss my cereal most, since I used to have them every morning. Also, chips are not the same as cereal, 'Tey. We eat them with milk– you know what milk is, don't you?"

I nodded, "I'm not stupid."

"I didn't say you were," she shrugged in return. "What about you? Do you miss the forest?"

"Do you still need to ask?" I threw her a 'seriously?' look.

"Who knows you might like this place more than the forest the way I like Pandora more than Earth," she innocently raised her brows and shoulders.

"Nothing can ever replace the forest," I told her. "It sounds cheesy, I know," I scrunch my nose.

Eiwa chuckled, "It's not."

"Don't need to lie," I groaned.

"Alright maybe a little, but I think it's sweet of you to think of the forest in such a way," Eiwa grabbed my hand as we continued to walk. It was almost dark, but we could see the setting sun. The horizon was beautiful, but somehow my eyes could only see her. Eywa, that's so cheesy.

"It was where you grew up. Makes much more sense that you miss it." Eiwa continued. "I wish I felt that way about where I grew up. Now. It's your turn to tell me about the forest."

"You've been in the forest—"

"For about a week, I barely covered one percent of the entire biosphere there."

"Alright fine, but I'll warn you that I won't stop talking until tomorrow morning, there's so much to tell."

"Well start now then," Eiwa rushed me with excitement.

"Don't worry, I will," I smirked as an idea popped into my head. "But after I do this—" I pulled her towards me and gave her a kiss on the lips. She pushed me away at first but began returning it as I felt her arms go around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her around as I felt her smile between our kisses. "Why don't we start my long list of why I miss the forest tomorrow and do something else tonight?"

"Excuse me?" Eiwa raised her brows in surprise.

"I know a place that is always empty at night," I told her.

"Oh?" she suppressed her smile. 

"Alright," she released herself from me and walked ahead. "I'll meet you at dinner then."

"Why don't we go to dinner together?" I caught up to her. 

"Because I just remembered that I had promised Kiri to have a little girls' talk before dinner," she turned to me and gave me a mischievous smile before running further ahead.

Then I caught myself smiling like an idiot as I watched her disappear around the corner. 

A/N

Hello everyone. I'm sorry for being inactive lately. I have been super busy because of school and all (will continue till June of this year, so please bare with me with the slow updates. I'm really trying!). Also, thank you so very much for 25k reads and 1k votes! I never thought my work would be able to reach that much reads, so really, truly, thank you <33.