6. Etyan

"I felt alive and I can't complain."

Eiwa's POV

I woke up to the sound of Ikrans flying above. I had been given a hammock to sleep in after dinner last night. I still couldn't believe that I made a friend. Her name is Kiri. She had introduced me to her siblings other than Neteyam. Tuk and Lo'ak are their names. I guess they are my friends too. The three were quite fun to be around, considering that they actually know how to converse. Unlike the oldest one.

I rolled on to my side, before I felt a rock thrown at me from under. I looked down, disappointed to see Neteyam standing on the ground. "Wake up, Sleepyhead."

I joined a few of the ladies at the pool from last night to get ready for the day. Then I followed the rest for breakfast. I looked around to find Kiri waving her hand at me. I walked towards her and sat down beside her.

"I hope you had a restful sleep," Kiri said. "Here. Breakfast." She handed me a handful of Episoth seeds. "These are my favorites."

"Mine too!" Tuk chirped.

"Thank you," I placed one of the seeds into my mouth and widened my eyes as the flavors began to fill in my mouth. "Mmm. I totally get it."

We finished our meal before Jake and Neytiri approached us. "Good morning children," Neytiri greeted.

"Good morning mother. Father." Kiri and Tuk replied in unison.

"Oh good. You're done," Neytiri smiled at me. "Let's talk if you don't mind."

I stood up. Then Kiri and Tuk did too. "Talk about what?" I heard Tuk's excited voice from behind me say.

"Privately please," Jake added as he looked at Kiri and Tuk.

The couple brought me away from the crowd, into a tent. "Sit," Neytiri gestured. I sat across from her, with Jake beside her.

"You look awfully young," she started. "How old are you?"

I gulped, "Seventeen."

Neytiri smiled, "Need not to be nervous. Jake and I are just going to ask you some questions."

I nodded.

"I hope you did not tell them anything last night," Jake began. Though I was confused as to what he meant. "During your recharge process outside your link unit."

Ah. So that's what he means. "I'm not linked to one," I simply answered.

It was his turn to tilt his head slightly in confusion.

"Technology changed. And improves," I said. "We use a slightly different approach now. I'm sort of linked to this body forever. They transferred my consciousness, through my memory, and moved it into this body. My avatar."

He nodded, "So, what we saw out there. Quaritch is alive, but in a different body?"

"Yes. He remembers everything. Including what happened 19 years ago."

"What else does he want?" Neytiri asked in an annoyed manner.

"You're going to be disappointed when I say this,—" I raised my brows. "He just wants revenge. Nothing more. Quite silly, isn't it?

Jake rubbed his jaw in growing frustration as Neytiri let out a short chuckle of disbelief, "Revenge?"

I nodded, making a tight-lipped smile.

"Let me guess," Jake continued, "He's targeting me?"

"And your wife," I added. "But mostly, you Sir."