26. Plans and Whatnot

"I want you to know that you'll be the one

...

Just give me your forever."

Neteyam's POV

Dinner has definitely ended, but I did not regret missing it. Not even a little bit. Eiwa and I were still on the rock, trying to catch our breath. The spring would've definitely seen a lot if it were a person. Slowly, our breathing came back to normal as we snuggled in to keep warm. Eiwa had her back pressed on me while I wrapped my arms around her while we talked about everything, including the future.

"Do you plan to return to the forest?" Eiwa asked.

"Would you like to return to the forest?" I asked her back.

"You said yourself it's your home, I'll be more than happy to go back with you," she said. I could hear her smile through her voice.

"We'll go back then," I kissed her shoulders. "And I'll show you the forest. You were right about covering only one percent of the biosphere there, but I'll be sure to bring you around to explore it. Who knows we would find a spring like this somewhere there too."

Eiwa chuckled, "I'd love that."

"Then maybe we could start our own little family," I blurted out before we fell into a not-so-comfortable silence. Did I say the wrong thing?

Right in that moment of silence, I decided to just mention the question I've been wanting to ask her. Surely I was nervous, but I'll accept whatever her response would be. Even if it is not what I want.

"Eiwa, what would you think if I asked you to be my mate after all of this is over?" I asked.

I felt her breath hitch as she sat up and looked at me. "What?" I couldn't really read the expression she had on her face besides the surprised tone in her voice.

"I'm asking you to be my mate after all this is over," I repeated, sitting up.

Eiwa looked me in the eyes with hers as it glistened underneath the stars, "You're serious?"

I bit my lips and nodded.

Eiwa's expression soon turned into a smile as she cupped my face and kissed me, "Yes, yes, yes!" She gave me a hug, which I returned in relief. I breathed in with joy as I embraced her. "Are you kidding? Yes. A hundred times yes! I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you, Neteyam."

I chuckled. "Tell me what other things you would love, just so I could prepare a solid plan," I told her as I laid back down on my back, while she did the same on her stomach so we would still face each other.

"I'd love to have a nice little treehouse," she started sheepishly.

"Go on," I encouraged her to continue.

"With a roof that can open so we can watch stars," Eiwa smiled. Eywa, I love her smile.

"Mhm," I nodded as I mentally took notes of what she's saying.

"Perhaps two or three kids?" she bit her lips. "It's going to be lonely for them if it's only one."

I smiled at an image of the both of us as parents with two little children that hopefully won't turn out like Lo'ak and Kiri, because that would be a lot.

"Then maybe, once in a while, we can visit Lo'ak and Tsireya here."

I pulled her in and wrapped my arms around her, with my chin resting right above her head. "We will have all that. I promise. Though are you sure they're going to make it? Lo'ak and Tsireya?"

"I'm positive about that."

A/N: 

A very short filler chapter, because it's almost the end but I feel like we need more Eiwa and Neteyam scenes! 

P.s. Thank you so much for 30k reads!