29. Lost of a Hero

TW: Violence

"Remember all those things we wanted

...

We were always meant to say goodbye."

Eiwa's POV

"Remember me?" I smirked before smacking Warren's head, shooting him afterwards. I had chosen to go back to the island to take a handgun that I have kept a secret so far. It's not just any handgun though, I had managed to create a set of toxic bullets during the first month of my training days in the RDA base. Let's just say that I don't regret losing a couple hours of my sleep.

I hid Warren's body behind a large metal box.

"Kho?" Z-dog approached me, still not noticing Warren's body. She pointed her machine gun down, "You're alive—"

I didn't expect her to die instantly, but I suppose the toxins I managed to combine works quite well.

Before she could finish her sentence I was quick enough to point the gun at her and shoot. Two down, and a couple more to go. I pulled her body and stacked it above Warren's. "No wonder they died before," I mumbled before leaving them there. I slowly made my way up, making sure no one noticed me.

Then I saw them.

Neteyam, Lo'ak, Tsireya and a human boy dressed like a Na'vi which I assume would be Spider. Bullets were firing at them as they each took turns to jump out of the ship. Neteyam was covering for them. My body tenses at the sight. In the matter of seconds, my greatest fear happened. Quaritch had successfully shot Neteyam as he was jumping into the water. "No. No. No," I whispered to myself.

I managed to gather myself back together. There is still a chance that he survived, as long as it does not hit his chest. It better not be. For now, I know that I should focus on bringing whatever is left down. I found a metal wall on the end of the tiny path I'm in. I hid behind that before aiming my gun at the people who had been shooting at my friends earlier.

I prepared myself before shooting one of them. I knew that it would not take long after the shot before they found me. So I tried to move as swiftly as possible. The two men were standing side by side, so I managed to shoot two before the rest noticed. I quickly made my way down and jumped into the water. Firing one more shot at Quaritch, but it missed. Luckily, the bullet managed to find its way to another one of them.

As I swam away from the ship, I spotted Tsireya, Lo'ak, Spider and Jake helping Neteyam up on a rock not too far away. I quickly made my way there.

"How is he?" I climbed the rock and pushed Lo'ak away to find Neteyam lying on the ground. Almost lifeless. To all of our luck, the bullet had actually managed to hit him right on the chest. "No. No. No. Shit!"

I covered his wound with my hand, trying my best to stop the blood from flowing.

"Eiwa," he whispered.

Without realizing I was already crying, "I told you to be careful and stay alive!"

"I am alive, aren't I?" he managed to let out a chuckle.

"Barely," I said. I didn't know what I was feeling but frustration and fear was definitely part of it.

Neteyam coughed and began grunting in pain. I closed my eyes to stop the tears from my eyes as I prayed. Eywa. I know you can hear me. Please save him. Don't let him die. Please.

"It's okay," Jake said as he placed a hand on his son's face. He repeated that same word over and over again. It was starting to sound like he was saying it to himself.