25. Dream-Solving

"Just close your eyes

Soon we'll be home." 

Eiwa's POV

I don't usually think of the past too much, but somehow what happened a week ago still stuck in my head. Maybe because it wasn't a dream and that it really did happen. How do I know this? Well, because Kiri seemed to have had the same vision before she passed out. The same one but from her perspective. It didn't really make much sense to me. Nor did it make any sense to her.

We didn't tell anyone else what we saw, not even the family, in an attempt to ignore it but questions just kept running through my mind.

Why was my name Terra, and why was hers Eiwa? Who is Terra and why would I be in Kiri's body? Then a sudden realization crossed my mind.

I quickly ran out to find Kiri, which I know would be somewhere in the water, most likely around the— There she is.

"Kiri!" I called her as I jumped into the ocean.

"Woah, relax. Who died?" she chuckled.

"I figured it out," I told her as she guided me back to the shore. "It's not me. It's not Eiwa!"

"Why are you speaking in third person?" Kiri furrowed her brows.

"I'm referring to the dream, vision or whatever it was," I rolled my eyes. "It is not my name, but Eywa's. With a Y."

"So you're saying Eywa was in my body?" Kiri widened her eyes in surprise.

"Yes! And Terra was none other than Earth! I just remembered that it is another name to refer to the star I came from," I continued.

"So I was Eywa and you were Earth?" Kiri furrowed her brows. "Oh! It all made much more sense why you were apologizing to me."

"Exactly, right?"

Kiri's face softened, "Does that mean all this will end soon?"

I smiled, "Hopefully."

———

After that talk with Kiri, I couldn't help but feel happy. I wanted to share my happiness with the rest, but I chose not to incase what we've figured out isn't true. It would be the same with giving false hope, so I kept it to myself.

I saw Neteyam enter the woods, probably to take his walk. I ran after him to catch up, and once I did I quickly jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck. It was obvious he was surprised, and thank goodness he did not go defense mode on me cause he would have probably knocked my head off.

"Eywa, don't do that," Neteyam said in surprise as he piggy-backed me. "You could've gotten hurt."

"But I didn't," I retorted before kissing his cheek.

"Something great must've happened huh?" he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "Do I need a reason to kiss my boyfriend on the cheek?"

"I don't know, you tell me," he responded.

"Also, what about we go take a dip in the spring?" I proposed a sudden idea.

Neteyam furrowed his brow, "Now?"

"No, yesterday," I replied. "Of course now!"

"Alright then, Ma'am," he nodded and said in a stern voice, the one he would use when talking to his father.

Neteyam carried me until the spring despite my offers to get down whenever there was an uphill path we had to go through.

Knowing the water was warm, I quickly undressed myself and entered the water first. I realized Neteyam had been frozen in place since we arrived in the spring. "What? Are you just gonna stand and stare?"

Neteyam rolled his eyes and went over to the large rock beside the spring to place his loincloth there and entered the water himself. We had been going back to the spring a few times already, but I believe the both of us still associated it with that night. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the memory.

We spent a while in the spring while we talked till the sky turned dark and the only light we had was from the trees and the spring. Neteyam got out first, telling me that we should not miss dinner. But I was too busy trying to shift the focus of my eyes elsewhere to listen. Instead something ignited in me. I went up to him and snaked my arms around his neck, knowing very well that nothing was between us.

"What are you doing?," Neteyam looked at me. "If we missed dinner, they would suspect that—"

I stopped his words with a kiss, which he returned in the matter of seconds as his hands traveled down my hips. I slowly pushed him towards the rock, letting him sit down as I climbed up, placing each of my legs beside each of his sides. "Let them suspect whatever they want," I told him in between kisses. "All I care about right now is giving you the ride you said I owe you."