Healing

Chapter 7-Date Night Part 2

March Day 4, 4:54 P.M.

"How is your wife, Mr. Yasuhara?" Saburo asked, once the young man had entered Base. He had changed out of his wet clothes and looked a little shaken up himself.

Yasuhara crossed his arms and sat down on the couch, he sent a look to the man in black sitting in front of the monitors. "She's taking a nap. I think she'll be fine, but she's definitely shaken," he answered shaking his head.

"I've had someone go and block off that area of the trail, so no one else will fall, but I must let Mr, Murakami about what you found. He definitely won't be pleased," Saburo said with a bow and left the room. Once the door was closed Naru turned to the college student.

"You're sure with what you saw?" he asked, leaning back in his seat. The boy nodded and ran a hand through his hair.

"No doubt about it, by the pink shirt, it was the skeleton of a young girl. Probably around nine or ten because the height difference wasn't much different from Kiko and her brother," Yasuhara explained rubbing his neck. "It had a hold of her wrist but crumbled when I reached her. It wasn't the skeleton that dragged her down, though."

"The spirit possessed the skeleton?" Naru clarified, but the boy shook his head.

"Yes, but that's not what dragged her down." He rubbed his temples as he tried to comprehend what he saw. "It couldn't have been. The skeleton was tied down with rocks."

***

"We both are going to need a shower after that," Ayako said after they had dropped the horses off at the stable.

"Together?" Monk offered with a wiggling brow. Ayako smacked him and rolled her eyes.

"You're disgusting, as if!" The monk backed off with a grin as they approached the hotel. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"Not laughing at me about the horse," she answered with a smirk. "Should we stop by Base? I get the feeling Naru probably can't keep away from work this long."

Monk laughed and shook his head. "Smelling like we do? I'm pretty sure even Naru would insist we clean up before getting to work." They made their way to the elevators. "Besides, I'm sure Madoka's plan is foolproof to make Naru and Mai go on their date uninterrupted. I bet she even had people posted to take pictures."

Ayako laughed as she pushed the button for the third floor and the doors closed. "She's probably staking out at Base to make sure no one is working aside from her and Lin."

"I thought they were supposed to go to the hotspring?" Monk raised a brow as the car stopped on their floor. They both stepped out in unison into the hall.

"And just trust us all to go along with her plan? Especially Naru?" The priestess threw a look at the monk. "Come on, it may be her case, her lead, but Naru is hardly the submissive ty-" She stopped as they came up to their room.

"What is it?" Monk asked, pulling their room key from his pocket. She held her finger up to silence him so she could listen. Half a minute later she started giggling like mad. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She waved her hand as they entered their room. "Well, we don't have to worry about Madoka spying on us, unless she hired spies."

***

Mai had stayed in the bath until the nagging feeling in her head finally convinced her to get out. She got dressed and thanked the woman running the bathhouse, before heading back toward the hotel. A shiver went down her spine as the building came into sight from the path and she remembered what was said to happen in the bathhouse.