7

AN: sry i haven't posted in so long guys! i have been rlly busy, but as soon as i go back to school tomorrow i will have a set posting schedule!

Kiri was in our Marui Pod, being treated by Norm, Max, and the Tsahik. Lo'ak had returned a short while after all the commotion involving Kiri, and he felt awful for not being there. My sadness towards him had quickly turned to anger, when he was not there for me or his sister; and we had gotten into a heated argument about it.

"I was just worried you were going to be killed! Am I allowed to worry about that? Or shall I just let you walk straight into death the next time you get the chance!" I shrieked at him.

"You are allowed to worry about me, but you're acting like my parents!"

"Well obviously they cannot contain you and keep you safe! You end up getting into more trouble anyways!"

"Now you are starting to sound like my father! 'Oh Lo'ak, the big disappointment!'" he mocked.

I screamed in frustration and put my hands to my forehead. "No, no you do not get to pull that card on me!"

"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I just did!"

I turned around taking shaky breaths, "Fuck you, Lo'ak." He was obiously very hurt by these words and tried to hide it, blinking back tears.

 He forced a rather mean smirk and said cooly, "Anytime."

"How can you make jokes now? Read the room dammit!" 

"Go away," he snarled and turned his back to me, crossing his arms. "Li'laak," he said, knowing we never called each other that anymore. He was trying to hurt my feelings, and he succeeded.

"That is exactly what I want to do!" I raised my voice again pointing my finger at the ground.

"Then do it!" he screamed back.

I ran away from him, my hands curled into fists as rage fumed through my body.

                                                                                       - - -

I was sitting on the dock that led out from the Marui Pod, with my feet resting in the water. I was weaving a basket peacefully, but the peace did not last long, as I heard light footsteps approaching me. I knew who it was, but I did not want to see them.

"Ma Li'laak," the said person muttered quietly.

"Do not call me that," I hissed, turning my face but not looking at Lo'ak.

He sat down beside me, arms wrapped around himself. I saw him through the corner of my eye and wished that I was the one hugging him. "I am sorry," he spoke slowly, looking down at the water below us.

"What did you say?" I asked urging him to speak louder.

"I said that I am sorry, very sorry," he said more confidently this time.

I gingerly wrapped my fingers around his hand, that had been conveniently placed open right beside his thigh, "I am sorry too, Ma Lo'ak." His ears perked up at my words and a faint smile appeared on his face.

"Really?" 

I smiled and leaned in closer to his face, whispering, "Really." I repeated and Lo'ak's hand slithered up to cup my jaw. Our noses touched and our lips brushed against each other, but suddenly I pulled away.

"We should not," I blushed.

Lo'ak sighed, "I know. But I can do this!" he wrapped me in a hug and after a few moments, started tickling me violently.

"Ahh! No! Stop! Let me live in peace!" I laughed.

                                                                                         - - -

Kiri had woken up the next day, due to a ritual performed by the Tsahik. Max and Norm had done nothing, but they said she had something called epilepsy. I did not believe them though, I knew that something was going on with Kiri, and always had been. I was connected to Eywa, but Kiri was even more. Almost like she was her daughter.

                                                                                         - - -

We were all rolling up our beds when we heard a horn being blown. I instinctively thought it was something bad, but soon heard Tsireya calling out to everyone on her Ilu, "Everyone, our brothers and sisters have returned. The Tulkun have returned!"

I looked at Lo'ak with pure excitement, and grabbed his hand, running to my Ilu. I mounted and Lo'ak got on behind me. Once we had gotten situated, we saw Neteyam getting on with Tsireya, and we both shared a knowing smirk with each other. I instructed my Ilu to go further, and me and Lo'ak dove through the beautiful sight around us. I will admit though, I was a little preoccupied at the fact how close Lo'ak was to me. Of course, we had been this close before, but it was finally not awkward. Wait a minute- why was it not? I turned around to see Lo'ak looking glumly at the Metkayina talking with their Tulkun, then realization dawned on me.

"Do you miss Payakan?" 

Lo'ak looked at me in surprise, "I- uh, don't be mad."

"Of course, I will not be mad!" 

"Yeah, I do."

Suddenly, my Ilu dove into the water. Lo'ak almost fell off from suprise, although I did not. I knew exactly where we were going. 

"Where are we going?" Lo'ak signed to me, putting his hands in front of my body so I could see his words.

"Payakan, help lead the way," I signed back and leaned back against him, giving him access to the handlebars, while disconnecting me and the Ilu's tsaheylu, and instead giving it to Lo'ak.

His face broke out into a broad smile, and he led the way. 

                                                                                         - - -

Once we arrived, we both called out for him, and eventually he appeared on the surface. Lo'ak was evidently filled with excitement and immediately went to go greet him. 

He turned to me and signed to Payakan while also speaking out loud, "This is Li'lakk."

"Hello! I have heard much about you!" I signed back, still on the Ilu.

Payakan said something back, but I did not understand, seeing that I did not know a Tulkun to learn the language from. But whatever he said, Lo'ak blushed profusely at.

"What did he say?" I exclaimed.

"N-nohting," Lo'ak laughed. "One moment." Lo'ak turned to face Payakan and started signing to him. 

I only caught one thing: Lo'ak saying that he felt all alone too. I frowned at this comment. What did he mean by that? He certainly had me and Neteyam. Or did he really feel that alone because of his father. An anger towards Jake filled me up as I watched Lo'ak swim into the mouth of Payakan. Wait? What! He was swimming into the mouth of Payakan! I impulsively thought that he was going to eat him, but then remembered Tsireya saying that that is how Na'vi and Tulkun bonded. I smiled, unaware of teenagers watching us from below.