17

Me and Lo'ak arrived at the eating place, hand in hand. All eyes were turned on us, and a suspicious tone was in the air. I gulped and led Lo'ak to sit down, I glanced at Neteyam who was looking at us out of the corner of my eyes, it was as if everyone knew something was different.

"So," Neytiri began as I got me and Lo'ak food. "Where were you two last night?"

"Uh- just, out." Lo'ak stuttered. But quickly steadied his tone, and simply shrugged, "We spent the night in the forest, like usual."

"Mmhhmm," Neytiri tilted her head and squinted her eyes.

"Look if you two mated that's fine- '' Jake started but Lo'ak quickly spoke over him, gritting his teeth.

"Dad can we please not talk about this right now?"

Neteyam snickered and me and Lo'ak shot him a glare. Jake continued, "I think this is the perfect place to discuss this matter!"

Lo'ak sighed and shut his eyes, "Maybe, maybe we did."

I blushed and to my surprise, Neytiri jumped up and hugged me from behind. "Yes! I knew it! I have yet another daughter!" She pecked my cheek sweetly, and returned to her original position, smiling at me.

I blushed and returned the smile, not remembering the feel of a true mother's love. As I thought about this, I felt tears stinging my eyes, and I had to bite my cheek to keep them in.

"Finally!" Kiri exclaimed, smiling as well. "You are officially my sister!" She nudged my shoulder and Tuk jumped in my lap.

"Yay! Are you going to live with us? Is there going to be a wedding?" She spoke rapidly, overwhelming me with questions.

"Tuk!" Lo'ak groaned, covering his face with his hands in embarrassment.

"Well they may want their own hut," Jake spoke. "For, you know, privacy reasons."

At this, Neteyam burst out laughing and Lo'ak practically screamed into his hands.

"What is this?" a stern and angry voice spat.

I looked up to see Tarsem, my father, towering over us and glowering. "Oh- uh, Tarsem," Jake cleared his throat. "Well you know, they're adults now so-"

"Not in my view, this girl," he looked at me, "Is no adult, she's immature and childish. You should see the way she cries and screams at the tiniest things!" He sneered. I looked at the ground in shock, I could feel everyone's eyes on me; like the whole clans. Tarsem pursued his mission to humiliate me, "And with your son? He has demon blood!"

Neytiri and Jake looked too shocked to say anything but Lo'ak sprung up, attempting to take a step towards my father. Neteyam pushed him backwards, and I abruptly stood up, fuming at the man in front of me.

"I will not allow you to mate with this alien." Tarsem stated.

"Since when do you care?" I exclaimed. "And he is no alien! Plus, it is too late."

"Too late?" Tarsem yelled. "What are you saying?"

"We are mated before Eywa, it is done."

His lips curled inward and he grabbed me by my braid, I shrieked from pain as he dragged me away. I heard commotion behind me and Jake yelling after us. Tarsem eventually let go, tossing me away when we reached a more private space.

"How dare you!" He yelled.

"How dare I? How dare you! Humiliating me like that! Really? You would stoop that low, you have no heart!" I screamed, my hands balling into fists.

He scoffed, "You are the future Tsahik! You must mate under my command!"

"I will never fall under your command! And I never have!"