32

A/N: sry I didn't post yesterday! also idrk what to put at the end so smut warning!

Neteyam had led them to a home tree right outside of the main area where they usually were, seeing that there wasn't any available trees left.

Kiri promised to come get them when it was dinner time, and then we were off. We walked the short distance back to the Sully hut and everyone branched off. Tsireya and Neteyam went off to do who knows what, and Kiri and Tuk went to look for wood to make a new toy.

Me and Lo'ak were simply planning on hanging out in the hut until dinner. But as we approached, I heard hushed voices which I recognized to be the parents of the kids we were just were with.

I out a hand to Lo'ak's chest and he looked at me questioningly. I put a finger to my lips so that he would get the idea, the crouched down and leaned my back against the hut.

"No! Absolutely not!" Jake exclaimed, still staying quiet.

Now, the unknown mother spoke, "If you do not comply we will give Quaritch permission to attack."

Quaritch?! My head snapped to Lo'ak, looking at him with wide eyes. He got closer to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he leaned in closer.

I tried my best to calm my racing mind and focus on what was happening now. "You may chose one of you daughters." The father said solemnly.

I looked to Lo'ak again, his face now showing pure anger.

There was silence, and after a while, I heard rustling. I saw the shadows of two people that were not of Jake's and Neytiri's heights approach the door.

Lo'ak swiftly moved me and him to our feet, quickly walking to go behind the hut. The two fire people walked out of the hut, giving each other proud smirks.

Lo'ak seethed at them, giving the backs of their bodies glares of disgust as they walked away.

I started to pace, one hand to my forehead and the other on my hip. My breathing got heavy and ragged, I could only focus on one thing: Quaritch.

Surely I had killed him, there was no way anyone could've survived the stabbing I gave him. Maybe I didn't puncture his heart or his lungs? I don't remember where I stabbed him, my vision being blurred by rage and tears.

Lo'ak stood still, looking to be on the brink of a panic attack himself. His leg bounced rapidly as he chewed on the nail of his thumb.

I turned to him, trying to make out a sentence. "Wha- what?" I could barely comprehend that the man I had been having nightmares about for the past year, was threatening to attack us again.

"I-" Lo'ak sighed, dropping his arms. "I don't know baby."

"I- I don't understand," I sobbed.

"Me either, me either," he said as he pulled me to his chest.

"How is he alive?!"

"Someone must've saved him."

"Who?!"

"I don't know- maybe one of his guys saved him when we left."

"It's all my fault! If I would've just killed him!" He pushed me away, holding onto my shoulder as he looked at me dead in the eyes."

"It's not your fault."

I looked back at him, my tears ceasing. An idea popped into my head and I reached for his loincloth.