37

A/N: guys, im so sry. 😔

- - -

I was balancing on a thick branch on the outskirts of the village- not noticing all of the commotion going on.

After a while though, I got bored and decided to head back. And from the view the branch provided me, before I began my descent back, I saw a crowd gathered together.

Immediately thinking the worst, I went into panic mode and sprinted to the crowd.

I saw Kxitx and her parents at the front, looking like they were about to announce something. I assumed it had something to do with Quaritch, and terror and anxiety consumed my body.

My eyes darted around, looking for a familiar face. I soon spotted Lo'ak and Neteyam standing off to the side, looking just as worried as I was. I started to weave my way through the crowd to get to them- but my attempt came to a halt as Kxitx spoke astonishing words.

"I have gathered you here today, to announce that me and my family will be officially joining your clan- through the means of mating. I will be mating with Lo'ak, son of the Olo'eyktan."

Everyone whipped their heads towards me, making a clear path leading to a smug looking Kxitx.

I stared at her in shock, soon snickering when I realized her request was unimaginably stupid. Everyone stared at me and Kxitx's expression faltered, her upper lip curling upwards.

I sauntered over to Lo'ak, crossing my arms as I made my stance next to him. "I hope you understand how ridiculous- and impossible, your request is." I stated confidently, glaring at her.

"I believe you mate disagrees with me," she responded, crossing her arms as well and turning to face me.

I whipped my head to look at Lo'ak, and he had an eye raised in confusion. "And what do you mean by that, liar." I asked, looking her dead in the eye.

She chuckled, smiling meanly, "I mean, he kissed me."

Ringing echoed through my ears, and it felt like a metal boulder had just been thrown at my stomach.

"The fuck-" Lo'ak said as everyone gasped and turned to him.

I clenched my jaw, tapping my foot impatiently and beginning to feel rage rise in my stomach. I slowly made eye contact with Lo'ak, fury in my eyes.

"Is this true?" I asked excruciatingly slowly.

He turned to me, with an expression that read 'are you serious?' "No- what the hell!"

Kxitx made her way over to Lo'ak, looking at him with fake hurt eyes. "What do you mean, why are you lying Ma Lo'ak?"

My breathing started to become ragged, tears blurred my vision and I started to back away, arms dropping at my sides.

I couldn't think straight, not seeing where I was going. All that banged in my ears was 'Ma Lo'ak' over and over again as I made my way who knows how deep into the forest.

"Hey-" a voice said behind me, grabbing my arm and causing me to spin around.

I expected it to be Lo'ak. No, I wanted it to be Lo'ak. I wanted him to deny it, tell me she was lying and how much he loved me, and how he would never do something like that.

But it wasn't him, it was Kxitx. The last person I wanted to see. Anger and sadness fought with each other in my body and mind. He didn't come after me?

I frantically searched her face, barely being able to make out what was going.

I heard deafening ringing and the world began to spin. My vision faded to black, and the last thing I felt was the forest floor beneath me.

- - -

I groaned, rolling over and slowly opening my eyes. The bioluminescence shone increasingly brighter then usual, and my ears were still ringing as I painfully pulled myself into a sitting position.

I groaned again, my head mercilessly pounding, my eyes aching. 

What the hell just happened?

Without giving it a second thought, I started to painfully make my way back to the clan, only one thing on my mind: how much I wanted to beat the ever loving shit out of Kxitx.

I stomped back to the village, fists clenched.

My vision was still a little impaired, but I could make out a huddle that seemed familiar. I made out Kxitx in the crowd and immediately yelled her name, quickly approaching the group.

Before I could get to her though, someone pulled me aside, yelling at me as they did so, "What the hell is wrong with you!"

I blinked, looking up to the person who was holding me. The person shook me and I flinched, feeling the situation far too familiar.

I was too lost in my past memories, finally looking upwards even more to see that it was Lo'ak holding me. "Li'laak!" He roared, shaking me again.

"Stop doing that," I muttered.

"What- you know what, I don't fucking care." I felt a pang and tears started to stream down my face.

"What?" I asked, looking up to him.

"What do you mean what? You beat the living shit out of Kxitx just because she lied about me kissing her!"

"What- no I didn't!" I exclaimed, voice cracking. Realization dawned on me, my body tensing. Kxitx must've knocked me out then beat herself up- tricking the whole clan.

I started to breath heavier, eyes turning to slits. "But I wish I had!" I snarled.

"You're just like you father!" Lo'ak yelled, pulling his arms away from my body.

My mouth fell agape, lips trembling as I tried to calm down the excruciating pain tearing at my stomach. Images I wished I had never seen started to flash through my mind, feelings too, feelings of pain, a lot of pain.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri shrieked.

I felt my ability to breathe leave- my chest started to twitch. I rose my hands to my neck, remembering how it felt to be strangled- almost to the brink of death. I felt panic take over my rational brain, and I turned swiftly, booking it back to my hut.

I started to sob as I threw my most valuable possessions into a bag. I needed to get out of there. Lo'ak probably wouldn't follow me anyways, he had already replaced me.

"Ma Li'laak," a shaky voice called from the door.

I didn't say anything, continuing my frantic packing, throwing things into a bag. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," he repeated. "It's not true, what I said is not true."

I just shook my head, not caring about what he was saying.

He sighed, defeated, "What are you doing?"

"Leaving," I replied flatly.

"What?!" He exclaimed, voice violently cracking. "Please- no, what? No, no, no, no, no, no." He walked closer, "Are you serious?" I threw my bag over my shoulder, attaching a few more things to myself. "No, no, please don't leave me," he was begging now, starting to cry.

I began to make my way out the door, not looking at Lo'ak. I heard a loud thud as he dropped to his knees on the edge of the hut. "Ma Li'laak!" He yelled after me, "Come back, baby," he sobbed, "Please!"

I kept walking. He still wasn't following me. I wiped the tears away from my face, not knowing where I was going next.